Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: You Can Be Your "Old Self" (If You Want!!!)

Hi Alexis. It will make you stronger I'm sure. It's all a learning curve I suppose. Hope you are doing well?

As for the Rupert Bear bits, I really can't comment.

Jenny, stick with it. You need a treat now and then. My good food diet has slipped a bit. The odd "bad " thing has now been allowed back in!

There's no magic cure. Don't believe anyone who says there is. Usually there will be a large price tag attached to these claims. I found the way out to be a subtle balance of not caring about what happened at all (or pretending to!) and caring enough to put the right elements in place. And alot of patience!!

Ultimately, knowledge, acceptance, encouragement from others in the same boat and doing things (including exercise) were the key elements for me I suppose.

I'm off to comb my arse now!! And Roby, it's not a centre parting before you ask!!!

Cheers,
    Trev

Trev

What a lovely positive post and I am so pleased to read it.

You have done fab mate and I am really chuffed for you.

I don't think there is anything wrong with your dress sense either!

Nicola

Thanks Nic. Glad you have started your CBT now. I'm rooting for you and you know you can do it.

As for the dress sense, I think Piglet was referring to my leopard skin leotard that I wear to Swiss Ball and pilates. But then she wears nothing but pink leg warmers with orange stripes around them and bounces on her SuperTramp through a hole in her shed roof while spitting maltesers at her neighbours! And she thinks my dress sense is odd!!! I ask you. [}]

Inspiring post Trev.

I remember when you first came here. You have come a long way. Just the stuff I like to hear.

mico

'Security is mostly superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding Danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.'

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">As for the dress sense, I think Piglet was referring to my leopard skin leotard that I wear to Swiss Ball and pilates. But then she wears nothing but pink leg warmers with orange stripes around them and bounces on her SuperTramp through a hole in her shed roof while spitting maltesers at her neighbours! And she thinks my dress sense is odd!!! I ask you. [}]

<div align="right">Originally posted by Trev - 20 January 2006 : 20:38:03</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Damn I've been seen[:I]

I loved the bit about us evoluting - I am always evoluting when I am not spitting that is (you have to read exercise and panic attacks for that to make any sense new people).

Seriously that is true, we don't go back to being our old self we continue on our path and constantly become a new self every day, but hopefully able to cope better again.

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Mico, I owe you a debt of thanks. Things have changed alot since that post. Along with Meg and Piglet you gave me the inspiration to make that push to the next level. I may not have made the leap that I needed to make without you guys encouraging me. Your experiences gave me that glimmer of confidence that I needed to push into the unknown. The rest, as they say, is history! Hope all's well with you Mico?

Piglet, I suppose it's a bit of a cliche, but it has shown me that life is most definitely a journey. Nothing in nature stays the same, so it's highly unlikely that we will remain unchanged. (Talking of which, you should change those leg warmers!! ).
    I suppose it shows we should never take anything for granted and we should strive to seek out the best in everything and every situation. Anyway, don't want to get too heavy for a Friday night!

Cheers,
    Trev

You done the difficult bit Trev...and seem to have been doing it well. It's always good to hear positive stories and yours is definately in that category. Enjoy it.

I'm doing well, just haven't been around much to post lately.

mico

'Security is mostly superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding Danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.'

Well done Trev,
    Glad you had a good time.
    Hugs.
    Chardonnay.

Tall dark and mysterious was his name,
    magic love and money was his game.

Beauty is a real thing, not just a reflection in the mirror

Trev......I am getting some weird and wondeful pictures in my mind about your dress sense from what other have said on this post, but I don't care what you look like. This week you have helped me and made me smile with your replies.

Thanks
    Jenny xxxxxxxxx

Hi there Trev

What a fantastic post - you are inspirational to others

It has been 8 and 1/2 years since I have felt my "old Self" but I always believed that by making small changes I would one day get back to or close to the "old me". But not too like it because the "old me" was what got me ill in the first place. I have learned so much about myself and by coming on this site and reading wonderful success stories like yours Trev that is what keeps me inspirational and positive.

I have been going for hypnosis over the past few weeks and there has been a distinct change in my thoughts. I had the most fantastic day yesterday and I did feel slight panic coming on a few times but I decided to just let it go as I was determined it wasnt going to spoil my day and evening. I have held on to my anxiety for so long, scared to let it go, because I was scared of being vulnerable and perhaps I had been trying to protect myself by hiding behind the barrier of anxiety. I have learned it is safe to let go and relax - something I have always been scared of.

By reading positive stories like yours Trev it continually gives me hope and encouragement to face life.

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information