Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: You Can Be Your "Old Self" (If You Want!!!)

Mark, glad it helped. I owe a debt of gratitude to others who have helped me. It makes me feel good to know that I may have helped others. That's what I love about this site. It's a great way of bouncing off of others and all pushing each other along in the right direction.

Ray, well done mate. You're right to hang fire on the loetard I think. Give it a few weeks
    Just do what you are comfortable with. There's no right amount. Like anything, the more you do it, the more you will gain. In an ideal world I would love to do it every day but find your own happy level.
    I think Piglet was right to suggest a DVD as a starting point.
    I would suggest that once you are fairly happy with what the moves are you could maybe look at a group?
    I go to one on Monday night and it's really chilled. The lady taking it is very into the spiritual side and is really comforting. There's zero pressure to do anything.
    I go to others at the gym which are much more "functional" shall we say. They are very into doing lots of poses and don't do much on the spiritual side.
    I love the Monday night one and it is quite nice to do it with others if you feel up to it. Going the first time is obviously the most difficult but once you are into the swing, enjoy!!
    I remeber when I first started going to that class I was having panic attacks in the relaxation!!! I couldn't seem to lie still without pains in my chest, neck etc. Gradually that went. I think you'll find that some people at the classes may well be going through similar issues.

Well done Ray, I'm so pleased you have made the choice to give it a go. Be patient with it and don't judge yourself. Just enjoy it for what it is.

All the best,
    Trev

Well done mate

Yoga is such a lovely way to relax and keep the muscles in tone all at the same time. I'm like Trev in that I prefer the more spiritual, gentle yoga rather than a keep fit version of it - but each to their own.

At first I did do it almost every day because I enjoyed the feeling of it all, now though I tend to do it 3/4 times a week.

It's an intensely individual practice really and I have gone from a charging elephant banging into the furniture with it, to being really quite graceful, even if I do say so myself.

I really do make myself chuckle at my first attempts, I just didn't seem to have any control over my limbs at all, they were always thumping down.

Please tell me (when you first do it) that it wasn't only me

Big hug 'poppet'

Piglet xx

Cheers both - you are such great inspirations to me.

I did try yoga a few years back. My firm organised sessions in our lunch hour, but how many of us can really relax in our lunch hour when two o'clock is always looming?

I hope you will nag me to keep doing it as without you I will probably just let it slide. Don't get me wrong, I will do it ay my own slow pace, but I need to keep the momentum up.

Thanks again mates

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

You betcha

Piglet xx

Don't worry, I'm looking for a suitable leotard for you as we speak so you can't stop now!!

Ray, lunchtime wouldn't be the best time in my opinion. First thing in morning or evening is best I reckon. Doing it in the evening means you normally sleep very well that night.

Piglet,
    <b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">It's an intensely individual practice really and I have gone from a charging elephant banging into the furniture with it, to being really quite graceful, even if I do say so myself.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Have you perfected the "elephant banging into the furniture licking Pringle, sucking Malteser" pose yet? They always struggle with that one at my class.

Yes I have!!!!!!!

I usually do that position right before jumping through the shed roof off the trampolene

Noggin!

Piglet xxx

Wow, your routine sounds pretty hectic. [^][}]
    You should think about doing your own DVD.......maybe call it "Yoga Piglets Can Fly"? Or "Yoga Piglets At B&Q"? Unless you have any other ideas for a title? (And "Yoga Piglets Kicking Trev's Arse!" is not allowed!!)

Cheers,
    Trev

Ray

Just caught up with this thread.

Good on you for trying yoga.

Wheh I was acute I went twice a week- hated every second of it - kept making a bolt for the door but I know it made a huge difference to me and for that I am truly grateful. Then I really enjoyed it as I started to take an interest in the others around me and slowed up a bit and did it properly with all the spiritual stuff.

Eventually, I got chucked out in a very nice way,for messing around too much and not doing it properly or taking it seriously so I went to a more sporty version and then dropped it altogether and go swimming/ walking and assorted theatre nights out instead.

Let us know how you get on and we're all happy to comment on your warrior and head of cow pose- maybe we should have a skype or msn with webcam links evening ....

Umm have just tried a quick salute to the sun and maybe I need to go back just for the flexibility !

Love

Meg

Meg - thanks for your support, but I'm not a gizmo person so I think I'll skip the skype for now

Trev/Piglet - what about Piglates? [^]

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information