Thread: Afraid of sauna, hot bath, hot long shower

Afraid of sauna, hot bath, hot long shower

Almost every time i try to go to sauna i will have anxiety attack and i feel like my heart can't take the heat plus weird sensations in my head. Also wjen taking hot bath i tend to get palpitations. Anybody else with same problem? I remember that before i had my first attack i could easily go to saunas etc

Re: Afraid of sauna, hot bath, hot long shower

I get this when i take a hot bath or go to an indoor heated pool. i cannot take the heat anymore since i started having anxiety and i feel that i cannot breathe or i'm gonna faint and the palpitations come when you worry and start to panic. best to stay away from these places so you don't get a panic attack.
    "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
    - - -
    If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you'll die a lot of times. ~Dean Smith
    - - -
    Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

I used to get that loads too. I had my first palpitation in the shower and ever since then I was thinkin bout palpitations when I had a hot bath or shower an I'd end up having them, which was hard when I have a bath or a shower everyday. What should be a nice relaxing thing turned into a horrible thing for me. Now my anxietys pretty much stopped and I started accepting my palpitations and chest pains they've pretty much stopped too! I havn't had any palpitations in the bath or shower for over a week now since I stopped stressing about them.

The fact your scared of the bath an saunas etc makes you worry which gives you palpitiations. You can bring them on just by thinking about them in my experience.
    When it was really bad and stressful, I used to have a cold shower. Not REALLY cold but cold enough and I didn't get them. Cold waters supposed to regulate your heart beat aswell I think. It gets easier with time, you won't feel like this forever xxx

This is an interesting post. I feel a bit similar if it is generally a hot day. Like at the moment because it is close and muggy in the UK I feel really lightheaded, dizzy, and like something is smothering me and I get palpitations. Is this normal?

I went to a spa recently and avoided the sauna as I knew I'd feel the same if I got hot. But a year ago I could easily stand all of this.

Hi heat and me do not mix i have all sorts of wierd feeling in the heat Palps/Chest Pain /Dizzy/ Short of breath /the list goes on and on i think and hope it is all down to Anxiety GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Take Care Maggie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't like getting suddenly hot either, whether it's from a sauna, hot bath or a very hot room. For me, this has definitely got worse since I went perimenopausal and is guaranteed to make me feel really anxious. hot flushes are murderous as well and the reason I had to resort to HRT, as I was getting 2-3 dozen of the samn things every day!

A particularly bad one for me is going shopping in very hot weather, particularly if I get stuck in a queue. I've sorted the baths problem by always having showers instead as it's much easier to regulate the temperature - and if I'm honest, I prefer having a shower to a bath anyway.

But I can relate to the problem of getting too hot - I hate it.

I hav the same when in anxiety patch comes. Anything sets me off

Thread Information