Thread: med free trip out!!

Smile med free trip out!!

well i have been on Valium for 23 years..i have not abused it and only used it as and when, not to deter a panic attack.BUT at one time i was on 45mgs in one go just to stop me wanting to jump off a building to stop the terror that would over whelm me
    After joining this site i slowly grew in confidence as the knowledge and support that i found here was so amazing.I started to go out [i had been agorophobic] first a supermaket ..then car trips ..next concerts and last of all the pictures
    I always took my diazapam with me ..i would panic if i didn't have it ..i believed i needed it with me at all times[along with other substances..Brandy usually!]..well till today.I was taking my Daughter and new baby grandaughter to town[yep another HUGE step forward]driving is still one of my pet hates that will send my stress levels up..so i sat in the car..heart pounding..and went thru my safety measures kit..water ..check..rescue remedy ,check,lavender,check..valium??VALIUMWhere are my valium I ran in the house[meanwhile my Daughter has arrived]She knows all about my problems and was patient and supporting..i searched and searched..nope i had misplaced them[unheard of before!!]So i listened to my lovely Daughter who believed i could do it and we could always turn back ..and went off..I DROVE TO TOWN..WALKED AROUND THE SHOPPING CENTRE..I WAS PERFECTLY ALRIGHT I then drove back home and on to the garden centre..all without my meds as back up..first time in 23 years
    So ANYONE who is where i have been i want you to know that you will get well and this site and all the wonderful folk on it will get you there.
    Love and eternal thanks .Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: med free trip out!!

Great yo read your post shows we can do it, my backup things are slowly getting smaller went out without my mobile on sun , it was by accident but i managed like you. well done

Take Care Maggie

Oh Paddie!! This is such a wonderful achievement! I'm so so so so so excited for you You must be so proud of yourself, I'm proud of you That was such a great post to read, really brightened my day to read of your wonderful improvement!

Well done you!!!! Keep it up!!! Jo.xx

Thread Information