Thread: Anxiety/Panic Questionnaire

Anxiety/Panic Questionnaire

Hi everyone, i thought id start a little information thread, where people can see directly what others are suffering from and how they manage/cope etc etc. Feel free to add more questions if you can think of any! I just think this will help quite a few people! and its also something different to keep peoples minds occupied and lil bit of fun i spose! You dont have to answer certain questions if u dont want to, if any atall! So here goes:

1) How long have you been suffering with anxiety/panic attacks?
    2) Do you know what triggers your anxiety/panic attacks (if anything)?
    3) What are the Physical symptoms you get from anxiety/panic attacks?
    4) What do you do to cope/manage when your anxiety/panic arises?
    5) If you had a friend who was in the same situation, what advice would you give her/him?
    6) Are you doing CBT, if yes, has it helped you? If no, would you consider it?
    6) Lastly, write one positive thought. It can be anything. And keep this thought in your mind all day

Hayz x x x

Re: Anxiety/Panic Questionnaire

1) 4.5 months. I had my first panic attack on 3rd January 2010. Anxiety and panic attacks ever since.

2) It can be something so small, like going in a shop! But mostly it is triggered by what im thinking at that time, or just before it. Like if im worrying about something. Even if its something minor. I think my panic attacks only arise when i get physical anxiety symptoms. These affect me alot as i hate them and find it hard to cope with them sometimes!

3) Dizziness, weak/heavy arms, 'jelly' legs, feeling like im just about to faint, tight chest and feeling like i cant take a deep breath in, shakes, depersonalization/derealization, pains and aches in head, sharp or constant ache in chest, my heart really 'thuds', doesnt go fast, just like thumps harder.

4) I try to keep myself busy when im getting rly anxious, as i find this helps alot. I try to fight iot and not let it beat me. Sometimes it does turn into a proper panic attack, and sometimes I get myself into a right state and think im dying or whatever, lol, but it ALWAYS passes. I mostly tend to sit down and do breathing exercises if i get panicky, it helps alot but i think cuddles help alot too. A cuddle always helps me lol.

5) That the mind/brain is a powerful thing, and that panic attacks/anxiety will not harm her. Id teach her the breathing that ive been taught, and turn any negative thoughts of hers into more positive rational ones.

6) Yes, ve done CBT about 6 or so weeks. Its really good and has helped me alot. Before I had CBT my anxiety/panic wouldve just escalated everytime. But its so much better than it was (used to get panic attacks 3 or 4 times a day but only get them about once a week now, if that! And they r not half as bad as what they were) Im on Citalopram too which is reallllllly good.

7) I can and will beat this. I've just got to be patient. Ive had CT scan, Chest Xray, 8 ECG's, a continual ECG, bloodworks, urine tests, and all normal. IM STILL HERE

1. Anxiety for at least the last 5 years, cant remember exactly how long.

2. My anxiety attacks have soared since my healthy mother died suddenly 2 years ago at only 54. Now ANY small ache/pain or bad thought puts me into anxiety mode and im conviced the same will happen to me

3. Adrenaline waves start it off and then i get jelly legs, feel lightheaded, nauseous, get clammy & have the urge to get home if im out. I also get a "dropping" sensation like the ground has dropped below me a few inches or ive sunk into the chair, very weird, Tears come fast if im alone and i reach for the phone and get an app for the doc. I go back to constant thinking that the worst will happen and it just goes round in my head until i either see someone or call someone.

4. I say to my self that im ok, it will pass, try really hard to ignore it but to be honest ive never managed that!! I might call someone for a chat, not all the time about being anxious but just to listen to someone talk about anything else can get my brain back on track. the only other thing i can do it sit it out.

5. What i would do is listen, as i feel that people dont understand how intense these attacks feel and what i really benefit from myself is someone who will just listen to what i am saying without prejudice.

6. I am on the waiting list!!!!!

7. I WILL get better

1) 20 years, since i was 5
    2) been told i would die when i was little over and over (apparently) runs in family
    3) Racing heart, jelly legs numb, feeling faint, shaky, headaches
    4) Try to get my mind on other things thinking it will pass/ diazepam
    5) Listen, be there get them to seek help like sites like these x
    6) There will be a better chapter to my life and i have a lovely little boy to think about x

1) How long have you been suffering with anxiety/panic attacks? 14 years or so, started with general anxiety, feeling/being sick in scary situation, now it has manifested itself in health anxiety too
    2) Do you know what triggers your anxiety/panic attacks (if anything)? Stress, new surroundings, a pain I can't identify
    3) What are the Physical symptoms you get from anxiety/panic attacks? Clammy, waves of nausea, feeling the need to escape, trembling
    4) What do you do to cope/manage when your anxiety/panic arises? I fidget a lot, try to just ride it out
    5) If you had a friend who was in the same situation, what advice would you give her/him? It will pass, just let it go through you.
    6) Are you doing CBT, if yes, has it helped you? If no, would you consider it? I'm seeing a counsellor at the moment and going to try Hypnotherapy.
    6) Lastly, write one positive thought. It can be anything. And keep this thought in your mind all day. I will beat this.

Thread Information