Thread: Periods and crying?

Periods and crying?

Hi i dont normally post but here goes, yesterday and today ive been crying loads like i burst into tears but im not sure why, the only thing i can think is its my hormones, i dont take the pill or anything, i suffer from agoraphobia, anxiety and panic attacks and Depression, but ive been doing really well and don't think i feel depressed if you know what i mean. I just get scared im going to go back down hill again to how i first was years ago and how ill i felt. Does anyone else cry with there period over nothing?

Please dont post horror stories i just wanted to know if im alone in this

Thanks for reading Katy

Re: Periods and crying?

Yes, yes and yes! I've suffered from this a lot in the past, sometimes when I had my period I would feel like I was going back into the worst days of my depression and anxiety, then after a few days the symptoms would lift. I found acupuncture really helped me a lot with my hormal fluctuations. Hormones can really produce some powerful emotional syptoms and if you have been under stress lately then these can be much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes2009 View Post
    Hi i dont normally post but here goes, yesterday and today ive been crying loads like i burst into tears but im not sure why, the only thing i can think is its my hormones, i dont take the pill or anything, i suffer from agoraphobia, anxiety and panic attacks and Depression, but ive been doing really well and don't think i feel depressed if you know what i mean. I just get scared im going to go back down hill again to how i first was years ago and how ill i felt. Does anyone else cry with there period over nothing?

Please dont post horror stories i just wanted to know if im alone in this

Thanks for reading Katy
    Only in my early to mid 30's with pmt. I was put on Diazapam in the end, 5 days a month, 5 days before my period was due, as my mood was so low & het up. They calmed me down.
    It wasn't a pleasant time for my partner at the time, he had never experienced anyone like it before!
    x

Hello,

I'm just like you, suffering with agoraphobia, anxiety ect. And when i'm on my period (and for about a week before it starts), i do cry at absolutely anything, i also get really snappy and bad mood swings when i'm usually so placid.
    Crying when your on your period is normal x

Thank you all for your replys im feeling a little better today thank god its just when your in that cycle its hard to think its normal or you will be ok iynwim. Miss Moose if you wanna chat at anytime pm me xxx

Thank you

I was telling my other half about this post and my reply, and he laughed because he knows to keep away from me when i'm all PMT-y, and not to say anything because i'll either snap at him or burst into tears!

Awwww bless him my husband is so lovely bless him, i could not ask for anyone kinder ever. How long have you been agrophobic? can you get out at all ? xx

Your hubby sounds lovely, they have to have the patience of a saint sometimes

I've been agoraphobic for 9 years, It started when i was 17 which is a horrible ime because i was just finding myself and at that age where it's exciting and you start having a life, and suddenly i'm so agoraphobic i'm bed bound.
    I hardly left my bed for 3 years.
    Now I have a gorgeous fiance (We met on the internet, developed a friendship in person, and fell in love when i went to stay with him in late 2004).
    It's only been in these last 3 years that ive started to venture out. I go out now, but just for a few hours 3 or 4 days a week.
    We mainly just go for walks but i'm working on shopping and pubs because i want to do "normal" things and so does he, i usually have a panic attack when we go out but it makes me more determined...and i never go anywhere without my trusty rescue remedy!

Are you able to get out at all? xxx

oh god tell me about it, sometimes whem im about to get my period i see a elderly person crossing the street and i cry.
    very common

Thread Information