Thread: worrying about my prostate

worrying about my prostate

hello all
    am 26 male
    when i go to pee it can take some times up to 15 seconds for it to start coming out

and some times i pee a lot and some times very little
    is this normal?
    i feel very stress out and googled and i made myself upset now i think i got the big c again :(

thank you any replys are welcomed

Re: worrying about my prostate

The male prostrate doesn't start to enlarge until 30+ and even then it's only a small amount a year. Chances are your problems with delay is anxiety and inability to relax the sphincter muscles to allow proper urination. Ever tried peeing in a public urinal with someone next to you and it taking time to come out?

A few years ago i was having issues and thought the same as you, cancer, I suffered from post voidal dripping, where the sphincter muscles weren't closing after and i was getting dribbling...it sorted itself out after a few weeks...i guess the muscles were pulled a bit and repaired themselves. This comes and goes since then, but I know it will get better.

The amounts you pee can relate again to factors...if you don't pee much it can be just because you don't need to, or it can be anxiety holding it back. On the flipside the more anxiety you get the more you can need to pee, all that adrenaline pumping through your body has to be washed out somehow, this is by urination. Same if you drink a lot too. There's a saying "breaking the seal", if you drink a lot of anything (beer, water, fizzy drinks) you can got for hours without peeing, but once you go for the 1st time you'll find you then go like every hour for a few hours.

Hope that helps some.

thank you guy's this week been my worst for some times and it only started tuesday night when i notice a spot :dazed:
    i should'nt worried, when i was younger i got a good kicking were i was punched in the private area about 4 or 5 times and my head of my penis as always been sore when touch
    i started with a spot since then i talk myself into believing i have the big c in prostate, testicles, brain, and leukemia

i know of the shy bladder thing
    i can not pee in front of people
    when i drink beer the 1st time i pee i must pee like 10 times
    Last edited by wotcanisay; 17-04-10 at 17:47.

The prostate is a funny old thing. As you are actually going to the toilet a lot sometimes you will not have to worry. If there was a problem you wouldn't be able to go at all (or very little). The human body is a fantastic device and the mind works it. When we are stressed or worried about something it generally causes problems. A little like making love and not being able to due to worrying about not being able to! (if you know what I mean?)

Best thing to do is drink a glass of water with a tiny bit of salt in it every morning and this will help to keep you regular. Don't put too much salt in as you hardly need any at all. It makes it isotonic and is better than spending readies on Lucozade isotonic.

thank you
    all week i been worrying about the big c, and i read for someone of my age to have something like that is not just rare but highly unlikely

Thread Information