Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mole, wart thing???? Help

Mole, wart thing???? Help

I have this mark on my back that is round and reasonably small. It sometimes feels a bit dry. I showed to a locum GP last August who said that it looked absolutely fine and it was a different type of mole (whatever that's supposed to mean!). But now it looks dryish and I've messed with it and its sore and a bit flaky. Help i'm freaking out about it and can't sleep properly.

Re: Mole, wart thing???? Help

I had exactly the same thing and I freaked about it but apparently its fine. The one I had was dry and flaky but apparanetly its a bit wart/skin tag/mole which is no a cancerous mole. It itches sometimes but don't worry. If you're not happy get a 2nd opinion but i'm sure its ok?

Go and get it looked at by your GP then you can relax about it

Take Care Maggie

thanks for your replies and i do feel a bit more reassured but i still cant help feeling like i will be one of those unlucky people and it'll be something serious. I've tried to get in the docs twice but its just so difficult to get an appointment. damm anxiety why does this happen to us?? its tearing me apart slowly

Did your Dr call it a ( can't spell it so will phonetic spell it) a sebashus! wart. I have loads of these and they look a bit like a wart but are flattish and flaky sometimes the top peels off totally and leaves pink wart underneath. They are harmless and are not caused by wart virus but they call them that for some reason. Also called age spots you see loads of old people with big brown patches on their face and hands.

He didnt say the name of it he just said 'different type of mole'. Its been fine since until recently when it feels dry and flaky. Age spots? i'm only 26!

This is weird because I woke up this morning, had 5 minutes lie in, & felt a crusty type thing on my hip, but to the back? I cant see it very well, even in a mirror, but its dark, not very big, flat & rough feeling.
    Never noticed it before. Its freaked me out I have to admit.
    I am seeing the nurse for a smear test this morning. I wonder if its worth mentioning it to her.
    x

Yes i would. I'm going to the docs this afternoon and scared

Hope everything goes well! Am going to docs today to ask about several moles which look a bit too large and raised I think! Am scared too cos of lots of progs that have been on recently about skin cancer. But I know a couple of people who have been to docs recently about moles and all have turned out to be nothing. I intend to ask to be referred to a dermatologist as they are better at detecting things, so if your not happy with what your doc says you could always ask for this.

Well, I asked the nurse about mine today. I said I haven't ever noticed it before until this morning. She had a look & said it looks fine, to keep an eye on it, if it gets darker, itches, grows, then get it checked out.
    She said to put some Vaseline on it as its quite dry. Its only about the size of a small grain of rice & slightly raised but rough feeling. And mid to dark brown colour.
    Are nurses qualified to know if warts are worrying or not?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information