Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pregnant and tocophobic

Re: Pregnant and tocophobic

Hi Harli

It is nice they finally listened to you! I am 26 years old and I suffer from Tokophobia and the thought of getting pregnant petrifies me. I have even considered adoption but me and my husband would really like one of our own.

We are not ready for a child just yet but this phobia is taking over my life as I need to sort it now as I dont want to get to when we are ready and I still cant allow myself to get pregnant! I am in tears many days because of this as friends around me are having children and it hurts me to think I may never have that. I have a list of names and picture how I want the nursery but I know it may never come true. I can NEVER have a natural birth and so would prefer a c-section but I have read horror stories and am completely obsessed with the fact that mine would go wrong and if it didnt I am terrified at the thought of the pain that I may get after etc. It is really taking over my life but it is nice to see you are getting through this.

I have today set up my own forum for others that suffer with Tokophobia to give and receive support from others in our situation and hopefully receive some success stories.

www.tokophobia-support.niceboards.net

theres a post recently from the bbc looking to speak to people with tokophobia, they might be able to help you? Maybe they could put you in touch with some type of counseller trained to help people with this phobia? xx

Thanks for that, I have already spoken to them and given my story. THey did say only certain areas in the country recognise this phobia more so than others and have help available whereas most places dont and I seem to be in one of those!

x

Hi

Just a quickie to update you all. Sadly I lost my baby at almost 10 weeks. The miscarriage was the scariest experience of my life but I got through it. I do actually want a baby now but I think I am almost too scared to try again (according to GP I can start trying again now if I want to). Scared of having to fight for a c-section again and scared of having another miscarriage.

Harli

Harli,
    Im so sorry to hear that news, that must have been devastating. Wish i could give you some great advice but i guess the only thing to say is that time is a healer and that you will know when and if your ready to try again.
    Best wishes
    Mary xx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information