Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My dog Rocky...RIP

My dog Rocky...RIP

Hi everyone! I just wanted to post that my dog Rocky (the most beautiful boxer in the world) had to be put down unexpectedly over the weekend, we though he had a slipped disc but it turned out that he actually had tumours all through his spinal chord and they had begun making him turn circles constantly, he just couldn't stop and was exhausted.

The reason I think he deserves a post on this site is because he got me through a really bad panic break down last year. I was pretty much bed ridden and for 2 whole months Rocky stayed by my side in bed (probably thought he was pretty lucky!). When everyone else (understandably) was at their witts end with me he was there for me and could tell when i needed to be cheered up. I honestly have doubts about whether I'd have ever come through it without my boy!

So I just wanted to tell everyone what a great dog he was and I hope he is at peace!

"This too, shall pass"

i understand your connection with your dog, i am crazy about animals and our cats have helped me through so many low times, they are always there. i moved to rented accomodation where we couldnt have pets and i am now in a sevre bad patch and about to buy a rabbit i have called charlie. i feel sad for you becuase i know they can be very theraputic and helpful, my thoughts are with you, try and get another pet, not as a replacment ( you never will get one) but as a new soulmate to help you through your bad patches. this is what i am doing xx

sophie.c.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but eventually the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Hi Chellebelle,

I am so sorry to hear about Rocky and am sorry for your loss. I have been in this situation before and know how hard it is. I'm sure Rocky is now resting in peace and out of any pain he may have had.
    The bond between a dog and it's owner is very special and Rocky sounded like one in a million.
    As well as having my own pets I work in a veterinary surgery and see exactly how strong the bond between pet and owner is, I also have to be strong when clients are coping with bereavement and it is always really sad.
    Take care and remember Rocky will always be in your heart and memories.

Lisa x

Meg,

That is so beautiful, I have heard it before but it still brought tears to my eyes.

Lisa

Sorry to hear of your loss Chellebelle.

It is always hard having to say goodbye to a much loved pet who is really more like a best friend or member of the family. Whenever I've lost a pet in the past I have planted a special plant in the garden as a kind of memorial. The memories will remain with you and Rocky will always have a special place in your heart.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Chellebelle, so sorry to hear about your loss, will be thinking of you, take care and hugs for you,xxxxxx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
    and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

Chelle - I am so sad for you:(.

Meg - that was truly beautiful.

Piglet xx

Hi Chellebelle, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Ah Chellebelle, poor Rocky. Hugs. Sus, xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information