Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: image projection in my mind

image projection in my mind

hi all, do any of you have or ever had an image in your mind thats projects when you are stressed? or the horrible image leads to a panic attack?

i have no idea why but when i am stressed or very anxious, i have an image that pops up in my mind of death or someone hanging? i cannot get rid of it and feel really worried about this. ive had it for many years, can anyone recognise these symptoms??

it would be great if you have experienced this to post your thoughts on this?
    thanks

sophie

sophie.c.

h sophie,

think it fair to say that all people get odd thoughts, sometimes if when stressed and driving people will have a thought of a horrific car crash, might even imagine the sounds..........mothers often get thoughts of what if i hurt my baby.......all people get odd thoughts but what normally happens they just let them go..but when your a bit anxiuos they tend to stick and we question tem for a deep meaning..........but...there is no meaning...just an odd thought that happens to everyone.

ive had thoughts like yours.....and far odder ones..lol..and they use to really bother me....but now i dont give them any attention...and to be honest bet i still get them but cant remember them anymore as i dont even notice them.

take care

andy

Hi Sophie,

Yes, something I can very much relate to! I have some horrific images in my mind usually when in an anxious period. I totally ignore them now however horrific they may be. I know they are part of the anxiety but it's taken a few years for me to accept that!

Mark

I still gets those now, I don't suffer panic attacks anymore but I'm still scared with anxiety and horrible images like that really put you off.

Try to de-tour your mind to more pleasent images like when you went on holiday etc. Also try watching the TV or play a game as it puts you off what's in your mind.

Scooties Back

Yep i've gotten them too, when i was really bad i used to get loads of them usualy before i went to sleep.. it washorrible.. I find the worst thing that happens are the thoughts that come with all this

thanks everyone. these thoughts really scare me and i guess the only way is to accept rather than fight them and ask myself why they are there

sophie.c.

This something that a Hypotherapist/NLP practitioner could REALLY help with. May even be able to get closer to the root of the problem and free up some supressed emotions.

Just a thought.

James

I spoke to a CBT man who advised me to do just what you just said - pay them no importance, don't fight them, acknowlege the thought, then carry on concentrating on what you were doing. He also told me that a survey was done using staff at a hospital and 72% of these people had unwanted thoughts come into to their heads. The difference between them and the patients was that they paid them no attention! It sounds simple doesn't it! I guess it's just practice we need.

Re: image projection in my mind

Hi,
    Yes when my anxiety was at its worst, images of myself hanging were always in my mind, it'd give me shivers down my spine. These images came with all sorts of awful things, really sick things happening to my family. As I started to take control and my anxiety got less frequent and intense the images became less, now they only come when the anxiety returns but, ignoring them is the best thing, switch to a positive thought, easier said than done I know. xx

Re: image projection in my mind

wow
    what a thread, I get weird images too, thank god everyone else seems to get them and understands what they are, I get them when going asleep and sometimes waking up and when stressed and tired. This symptom has scared me and I have never really mentioned it for fear of being diagnosed with something very very scary they are not pleasant and for months now I have thought it was a sign of something very very weird like psychotic episode

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information