Thread: Pain in left breast

Pain in left breast

Since yesterday I have been having stabbing pains in my left breast. Started last night when it bed, it happened twice so I rubbed the area to see if it would stop the pain but that just made it hurt all over. The pains have just started again now, feels like a shop stab or someone thumping me hard in my left breast. I don't have any lumps that I can tell or any discharge or anything. Just the annoying pain. Anyone else get this?

Re: Pain in left breast

Is it like sudden sharp shooting-type pains? If so, I have had this occasionally. I went to the doctor for it years ago and was told that caffeine will cause this. Do you drink a lot of caffeine?

Hiya, yes it is like sharp shooting pains. I don't drink coffee much and only drink decaf tea so apart from the odd bit of chocolate I don't have much caffeine. It's just annoying because one minute I can be ok the next in pain.

Thanks for the reply

I have heard caffiene can cause this too - some woman stop eating chocolate too - I know I couldn't!!!!!

L.x

Hey Cat80,

I know how anxious you may be feeling about this. But please remember, your breast also has muscle. From time to time, you may stress these muscles by your posture, moving quickly, jumping, etc etc etc, it is most likely muscle pain. I usually get those sharp pains occasionally aswell.

If you are still seeking ressurance, then I suggest you give NHS 24 a ring and maybe enquire about it there. If they don't make you feel any better, try an appointment with your doctor.

I am more than sure that you are fine hunni.

Let us know how you get on,

Chrissy xx

~"...to reaffirm that fundamental truth - that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism, and doubt, and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people :
    Yes, We Can!!!! ~

Wolfieeeeee

Thread Information