Thread: Anxiety is back ...........again!!

Anxiety is back ...........again!!

Hi there folks,

Its been along time since I have been on here but I am starting to feel anxious quite alot again. I just wanted to describe the way I feel on here to see if anyone else has felt the same or if I am just barking mad!!

I am a happy, confident person on the outside so noone would ever imagine the way I feel on the inside at times. Recently I have developed a thing abou getting my drink "spiked", I have no idea why or when it really started, I have never had my drink spiked in my life, but when Iam out socially its constantly on my mind and I cant relax. It makes me feel slightly better if I see my drink being poured, sometimes if i dont I just wont drink it. I recently had a family party and for the first few hours I was a nervous wreck. I had little 1-second episodes of lightheadedness which would make me panic, especially when I was talking to someone. I think its the over-compensating that causes these feelings. I was constantly trying to appear happy and chatty and bubbly and it felt too much. The feelings did go after a couple of hours and I had a great time but since then I have been so worried about any future situations like this.

Sorry to ramble on, I am also getting married in 5 months so the worries are starting about how iam going to feel the morning of my wedding and i dont want it to spoil my day.

AAarrggghh!!!! xxx

Re: Anxiety is back ...........again!!

Hi,

I also went quite a while without any symptoms of anxiety and all of sudden 3 weeks ago I felt them creeping back in. I have had left arm and left side chest pains and felt drained of energy.

Moving on to your point. I got married last August 09 and it was quite a big event where I personally was paying for all of our guests accommodation, drinks, food the whole 9 yards. It would not surprise me at all if your anxiety could be related to your wedding also. It is a big event, even if it doesn't feel like it, it is. The trick is to try and enjoy the whole lead up to it and face that you are getting married, which will help. I read all the wedding magazines to my wife to be in bed at night (the true stories) which relaxed me aswell.

If you have any questions about coping with the lead up to the big day, just send me an email.

The spiking drink thing will not happen, so don't worry. The way to get over it is to get someone to buy you a drink without you watching them pour it and then just down it. Face your fear and it will go away.

Re: Anxiety is back ...........again!!

Hiya,

I have also had this fear, so you are not alone. I'm not sure how to overcome it other that making sure you watch it being poured.

All the best for your wedding!

Louise

Thread Information