Thread: Recovery

Recovery

Hi I havent been on here for a while, well since my medication started to make me feel better. I had severe 24 hour dibilitating anxiety,and since taking citalopram week by week I began to feel like normal again. It took about a year roughly. The thing is I did try to weane off the meds about 7 months ago after finding out I was pregnant, but the Anxiety came back pretty much straight away when I reduced down to 10mg from 40mg in a month. I feel really good being on Citalopram but i feel like I am cheating and havent given my brain a chance to recover by itself. I also feel like I am delaying the inevitable of feeling terrible again if I decide to try and come off of them again. I was also worried that maybe my brain is completely broke and I will need to take these tablets forever, which is what I will do to never go through what I experienced again. Does anyone know if you can carry on taking antidepressants for the rest of your life?

Re: Recovery

Oh God, i feel your pain right here! I am having the same sort of thoughts regarding medication. Mine at the moment is Diazepam which is more addictive anyway, but i feel good whilst taking it, but horrible when not - and i absolutely don't want to go back to how i was before then.

I do also take Citalopram so that's another issue i will eventually have to cross. I don't want to be on tablets my whole life, but i can't see any way beyond it.

In answer to your question, i don't think it's wise to take anti-depressants your whole life, but i think some people may be on them for years. I don't have a definitive answer though.

Thread Information