Thread: Nervous Stomach ?

Nervous Stomach ?

Does anyone have digestive/stomach upsets when anxious.

My tum has been off for a week now. Ive had upsets before but they cleared in couple of days.. I recently had good blood test results from my Doc and eversince my tums been off. Is this normal?

Re: Nervous Stomach ?

Your tum is probably upset because youve been waiting for the results of the tests.
    When im anxious i get bad wind and need to go to the toilet 3 times as much. Im really bad when getting on a plane....in and out the the toilet like a fiddlers elbow!!

Anxiety affects the stomach first in a lot of people. I used to get an upset tummy if one of my kids were ill in the early days (I used to be Emetaphobic) so I would end up in the loo every time, even at 3am after they woke up ill!
    That stopped after splitting with their dad, I guess I knew I had to toughen up as I was on my own!
    Nowdays I dont get that so much, but lately I have ended up with stomach cramps when worried about something, it usually last about a week, even if I was only worrying about something for a day. Then its gone like it was never there in the first place!
    xx

Strange thing is that my tum wasnt too bad before the test results..The day after, when I knew things were ok is when it all went haywire..
    I spoke to a chemist today and was told that anxiety can be like that with the stomach..It can go on for a while after the anxiety flare up is over.

Thread Information