Thread: Nerves are getting worse and worse again

Nerves are getting worse and worse again

I have had anxiety problems more on than off for about 10 years now. I started a job last january, just cleaning as i thought it would help build my confidence back up.
    At first everything was ok but the boss and deputy manager are mother and son and have just become more and more bullying and nasty, not just to me but to other staff too, they have their favourites. They are always putting staff down to other members of staff and give me more work because im a push over. The atmosphere is worse than a playground and its grinding me down. My only real friend at work is leaving now because of it. I recently had 4 weeks off sick due to my nerves and went back in march because she was on the phone to me all the time asking when i would be back. She has threatened us with the sack and i have already seen 9 people get the sack since i started, she says things like 'theres plenty on the dole to take your place' and her son comes and goes as he pleases, he is arrogant and scares me, laughing about people with his mate there.
    I have rung in sick this morning as i wound myself up really bad about it and have had a panic attack. She was angry on the phone saying other staff cant get in because their car has been smashed and they come together. I dont know what to do anymore, maybe its just me thats weak.
    I wanted to open an online clothing shop and have saved enough money for the stock but my sister says im pathetic and should just stay there or get another proper job, i have tried to get another job but there are none.
    Please if anyone has any advice because my nerves are getting worse and worse, i just sit and cry most days because i feel so trapped.
    Thanks for reading
    Sarah

Re: Nerves are getting worse and worse again

Hi Sarah.
    just get youself sorted out love.Dont worry about the job,you are the stronger one anyway by dealing with how you feel and going to work.
    Start researching about the online shop.. See your doctor and explain exactly how you feel too. Your sister needs educating regarding this horrid place where we are sometimes.
    Big hugs
    Jean

perhaps your sister is a bit jealous of you wanting to set up your own business?

looking at it from another point of view - why is it sensible or the right thing to stay in a job where you are being bullied? it is your bosses that are pathetic.

I worked for a husband and wife team in a post office - she was a bully but did it in a non obvious way - i got to the stage where i cried and did not want to go in and someone said to me - why on earth are you putting yourself through it? that made me realise i was worth more than that and i left within a few days.

You do what you know to be right for you. i don't know your sister but my sister would be telling me to leave and good riddance to them!

Hello Sarah,
    My heart goes out to you because it's awful when you feel trapped. Those employers sound absolutely nasty and don't deserve such sensitive people working for them. I think it sounds like a touch of the green eyed monster with your sister, but just you go ahead and do what your heart tells you. We only live once and we should follow our hearts. You are the strong one in all of this so don't ever forget it.
    Myra x

I agree with Jo and Jean. Perhaps your sister is a bit jealous of you starting your own business. I know it's easier said than done, but if the job you are doing is making you feel so ill, maybe try to get out of it asap. Perhaps you could start looking for another job, part time, so you can keep money coming in while you investigate starting your own business.

Please try not to be too upset about your boss. They sound awful.

All the best,

Louise

Sarah, Nothing makes me more cross than bullying in the workplace, it's the employers that have the problem not you. Starting up your own business sounds like a great idea, contact Business Link for support and guidance on how to go about doing it.

Moondance

Thread Information