Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant be bothered

Cant be bothered

Hi

I lost my wife to cancer in January and I thought I was coping okay, Everybody rallied round the step sons and they seem to have lots of help at hand including me ,but for me it seems to be getting worse I am very down ,Havent been to the doctor as all they do is prescribe drugs with side effects despite being put on sleeping tabs which was assured had no side effects but due to them had to come off after 2 weeks.My wifes family and friends who I have on here are very supportive and have been a great help ,but I just feel very alone in the world when I go home.My youngest stepson moved out after only a month after my wifes death which was a shock he said he couldnt stand the memories. I dont know the words cant be bothered just sum up my life at the moment. they say time heals but it seems to be getting worse.
    sorry to rant guess just letting off steam.

Re: Cant be bothered

Hi Roger

It's completely natural that you are feeling this low hun. Your life has changed so much in such a short space of time. Have you been offered any bereavement councelling at all?

I take taken this link from our Helpline thread...

Cruse Bereavement Care
    Phone: 0844 477 9400

Thinking of you

Lisa
    xxx

Sending you virtual hugs and positive thoughts, Roger.

I can't think of any suitable words really but you are in my thoughts.

I am thinking of you Roger. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you, and I wish there was something I could do to help. I do know in time you will find a way of coping with your loss, and life will begin to feel better. It can be a slow process, and some days will seem worse than others, but hopefully with each passing day you will begin to find your way.

Helen x

hello rodger i am sorry for the loss of your wife ,,i understand its a very hard time for you ,, its so hard when you loose someone you loose ,, but in time not yet :but in time you will begin to improve ,,,, e ven if it feels like you wont ,,we never forget ,,but the pain will ease .as it will for your son ,,xx

The pain and loss you are feeling right now Rodger will lessen with time .The link on THE Cruse site about what you may be feeling will give you hope and a better understanding .My heart goes out to you .I hope you keep strong and find your way through this period of adjustment and loss , and find some comfort by coming on here when you need to talk to someone .Thinking of you Big Hugs Sue x

thinking of you Rodger, they do say that time is a great healer, and although it doesnt feel like that at the moment, in time you will begin to feel better, take comfort, in knowledge your wife was so loved, and her friends on here are here for you, pop into chat sometime, im sure she would like to see you there

big hugs

Emms xxxxxx

The Sticky Kitchen on facebook!

hi roger
    firstly sending you loads of
    i dont know what to say except what the others have said is right ...it is very normal to feel like you do.
    it must be so tough for you just now... you are often in my thoughts
    if you ever need to chat please text me or pm me and i will give you my number...
    i hope to see you soon ...i think a meet up is arranged for may...
    take care
    and you know that we are all here for you
    rach
    x

Hi Roger

Sorry to hear you are feeling so down. I do think of you all the time.

One thing that you may consider doing is moving house. I know this sounds drastic but I know when Alex's dad died his step mum couldn't bear being in the house without him so she moved nearer to her daughter and away from the house and area they lived in for so long.

I know this won't make you in any way forget Kazz but perhaps one of the triggers for you is being alone in the house you both shared.

Just my thoughts anyway.

If you ever want a chat let me know and I will give you a call.

Take care Rog

xx

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

roger you no that you can phone and i will come over day or night if it would help you.
    keep going .

brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information