Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Me , Myself and Citralopram

Me , Myself and Citralopram

Hello,

Well after many moons of wandering around in a "normal" life I have found that my old friends PA's and Agoraphobia has decided to pay me yet another visit.. so I find myself returning to another old friend.. NMP .

So here I am about to commence round three...which I am determined to be the final battle in my quest for eternal calmness.

Background for those who are interested - ( you can skip, I won't be offended lol)
    Over the last ten years I have had PA's and Agoraphobia on and off, I've tried quite a few medications, CBT ( although that was via the phone) and have over that time span enjoyed a good few years of panic/anxiety freedom, however, whenever I get really stressed out they return with a vengence which is where I currently am.
    After trying about 6 different types of medication over the years where my lack of patience has found me throwing in the towel with in a week or two of the dreaded side effects or major lack of improvement thus scuppering any chance of them actually helping I have decided to try again and this time stick it out!

I have begun this week with a refreshed and determined state of mind to conquer my inner demons and defeat PA's and Agoraphobia.

This is day two of Citralopram 10mg and so far barr from feeling a little off and having no appetite ( not a bad a bad thing since I'm trying to shift a few pounds anyway!) I'm not having any of the side effects I read about.

I shall use this opportunity to thank "Psycopoet" for a sticky thread on Citralopram and it's various benefits versus side effects etc as it was such a well informed read and I would advise anyone who happens to read this to go and read the sticky thread first before freaking out about all the horror stories.

Anyway I think I've rattled on quite enough for one post, I shall update on my progress for any of those who like me.. have nothing else to do but mess about on the internet all day.

Peace out

Maxine

Re: Me , Myself and Citralopram

Quote Originally Posted by maxine View Post
    .... the final battle in my quest for eternal calmness.

Fantastic - good luck our intrepid warrior !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by martbarr View Post
    Fantastic - good luck our intrepid warrior !!!!!!!!
    Thank you *takes a little bow* lol

Little random update on day two of Citralopram .. I'm still awake! Usually I'm shattered by now and last night I did go to bed at my usual time but since my poor fella ended up awake half the night due to me moving around I decided I'd be better staying up until I was ready.

I don't feel odd or anything just very awake...from what I gather this is quite normal so I assume it's nothing to worry about.
    I did notice earlier today was rather jittery too but again I assume it's just the medication doing it's thing.

Nowt else to report today, I shall update tomorrow if I can drag myself out of bed!

Maxine

Hope you get some sleep Maxine ..and tommorow is another pretty good day for you ..You will sleep for England when your meds have stabilised ..So will your o/h LOL Luv Sue x

Thanks Sue , I hope so as last night was awful!

Day 3 - I'm beginning to remember why I never stuck to pills long enough for them to really work

After two nights of awful sleep and being up until the early hours of this morning I am now officially shattered, the lack of sleep thing better settle down faster than anything else!
    Also a new development for today I feel really nauseous and have done since about an hour after I took my medication I suppose that's not being helped by my complete and utter lack of appetite , again I suppose that will have the weight lose advantages lol but it's not helping me feel any better.

Any ideas?

PS, I have no idea what I have managed to do to my typing.. I can't change it lol

Peace out

Maxine

Day 4- Hmmmmm anxiety was sky high this morning although it did eventually calm down, It may well be a mixture of various things going on in my life at the minute but none the less annoying!.

All in so far the side effects are a bother but not anything I can't deal with IF they start to settle down,although as it stands at the minute it's doing nothing what so ever for my anxiety.

From what I'm reading it appears that a heck of a lot of people are upping their dose after the first 1-2 weeks.

We shall see how it goes.

Peace out

Maxine

You should speak to someone about this. Have you had trouble before with sleeplessness and increased anxiety on antidepressants? Anti depressant treatment can bring on hypomania or mania in people with bipolar. Makes me wonder with the lack of sleep and increased anxiety.

I have been on cit for 3 weeks now having built up from quarters to halves and now on day 4 of a whole tablet 10mg. So im guessing were at the same stage ! Also reading your story it could have been me writing it. EVERYTHING is a carbon copy of me and what I suffer with and what ive tried ect and here we both are on day 4 of cit ! I am hardly sleeping at all maybe 4 hours a night if im lucky. The side effects are a pain but nothing i cant cope with as you say. New one for me today feel like a lump in my throat and everything keeps getting stuck grrr but again manageable. We can get through this together maxine ! xxx

Hi Maxine and Laura,
    I am on day two of cit and so far everything you say is the same for me, I am almost thinking of not taking one today but I can see that you guys are persevering so I ought to do the same, I know it isn't nice but if it works out inm the end it will be worth it. What time of day do you take your tablet? I have been taking mine late morning as this is the time of day I came home with them on the first day, some people say better to take in the morning to get a better nights sleep and others say the opposite, just trial and error I suppose, not sure about the nausea either, that is the worst bit for me as this is why I am taking them as back in November I had food poisoning and this left me with a fear of eating and anxiety so really I am back to square one after getting back into sme sort of eating routine and have already lost 1 1/2 stone so don't want to lose any more.

How do you two feel about carrying on? I'll feel like a coward if you two cope with it and wouldn't it be lovely to feel like out old selves at the end of it.

Christine xx[COLOR="blue"]
    Last edited by cmc46; 21-07-12 at 11:10.

Hi christine,

The nausea hasnt got any worse for me I promise ! It was the worst on day and and two. Just try and think (i know its hard) its just your tummy adjusting to it. You wont be sick or get any worse. Do whatever you can to distract yourself. I play the games on here, do a puzzle, go for a walk or a drive. Dont get me wrong its no easy and I have cried today already but we have to keep going because there is a better life at the end of this tunnel. A life without fear and laughter and enjoyment. Every minute seems like an hour to me at the moment but if we all stick together through this and help eachother we can do it. I take mine right after breakfast about 9.30pm Im not sleeping well but my doctor has told me it wont last. I keep reading the stories on here about how cit has transformed peoples lives and they dont worry anymore and are out enjoying life. We deserve that too we have to just somehow get through this bit xxxxx

sorry that was for both of you (last 2 posts) not just christine xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information