Thread: ovarian cysts.

ovarian cysts.

Hi, my wife has recently been for pelvic/ abdominal scans due to a niggling pain in her side.
    She rec'd her results today requesting another ultrasound as an 1.8cm ovarian cyst has showed up. It says that the syst is septated. I have googled this and am now out of my mind!!
    She has spoken to our GP who says dont worry........easy for them to say that!

has anyone else had these or know anything about them...i am so worried for her!

Re: ovarian cysts.

my daughter had one and had hers removed ,dont worry to much as it will make your wife ,, i know its easy to say,, i am sure she will be ok ,,,if the docter thinks so

Last summer I had a large cyst on my ovary picked up on routine ultrasound - it is then routine to be sent for mri scan to be 100% sure the cyst is benign and I had the ca125 ovarian cancer blood test as well.
    My consultant was very reassuring and said that they have a good idea from initial ultrasound whether they look suspicious or not and mine looked totally benign and then mri scan confirmed I had a benign fluid filled cyst.

I was followed up 3 momths later with another scan and blood test and still same so ws due to go again in another 3 momths. I then had what I thought was really bad ovulation pain for about 3 weeks and was sent for scan and cyst had gone - must have burst on its own !!

The next scan will tell you 100% what sort of cyst it is and if the Dr s are in any way worried about it they will have your wife in before you can blink believe me.

I had a cyst and it went all on its own - they can do this apparently

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I had a cyst on my left ovary it measured 5cms and they told me that i would need it removed, before that could be done the darn thing burst and i was rushed in.

Any cyst below 5cm they don't remove and they dispurse themselves so i was told by the hospital.

Trish

I get ovarian cyst. They usually appear after ovulation, they sometimes burst on their own or other times they need to be removed. I have had some painful ones and they went away. Im sure your wife is fine but i wouldnt hesitate to get a second opinion if your very worried.

Thread Information