Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bright red blood on tilet paper, bowel cancer fear

Re: Bright red blood on tilet paper, bowel cancer fear

Your not being stupid, I have had mine for almost a year. I saw a dr. and he told me to eat 4tbs of unprocessed wheat. I haven't had any bleeding in 4 weeks but he also said that that area is sensitive now and I could experience bleeding again. Mine was due to constipation.....Im just gonna stick to eating the wheat it sure helped.

Well I went to docs about this, she had a quick look at the bottom area and felt to see if there was anything like piles or anything else unsual, but she said everything seemed completely normal. She said the red spots of blood therefore shouldnt be anything to worry about, but Id have thought would be other way round. If I had piles or a noticeable tear or angry area then that would be an explanation for the spots of blood on the paper but sure without any of these it means the explanation must be more sinister. She looked at me like I was insane for going about such a thing and like was just picking on anything (ive only actually been to docs three times in past 17 years so hardly go all the time!)

Just scared shes being really dismissive! I mean surely her saying everything looked normal rules out a simple explanation, and she just seemed like oh well its nothing then but surely it would be nothing much if was piles not if theres nothing there to explain the bleeding!

I just saw this post and thought I would let you know something.

I have had a fissure for years, usually it is ok but sometimes I find bright red blood on the toilet paper. The first doctor couldn't find anything, probably because the fissure is within the bottom so it is hard to see. I wanted to say this just so you can find some peace. Take care xxx

also to add to what hallam said i had a similar thing but mine was ulcers inside the anus which could not be detected first. so it is highly unlikely to be anthing bad.........bright red blood means near the anus and not high up in colon.

all the best

This is inner-fissures definitely. sounds like it to me anyway! Ive had them loads and they cause bleeding allllll the time with me. ive had loads over the past few years. totally normal. dont worry x PS. if it was bowel cancer or anything serious then it would be deeper red, and ud have pain and other kinds of discomfort. tke cre xx

Well have had blood on the toilet tissue fairly regularly since last posted (just little bright red flecks), and occassionally there is a tiny amount of red blood on my stool in one area at the end. I also ocassionally get a small amount of whit mucous at the end.

My doc doesnt seem at all concerned by this though, yet said when she examined me she couldnt feel anything wrong, ao im assuming this meant there were no piles or fissures, so if those werent present im wondering what she is putting it down to!! Would she have been able to tell just by er having a feel around if I had internal fissures or piles? Should I be concerned and go back again do you think?
    Last edited by louise123_uk; 17-06-10 at 21:33.

i would not be worried louise but ask for a colonoscopy so they can treat you for the bleeding

I have a medical phobia, extreme fear of any medical procedure, I lost almost 2 stone in the run up to having a dental filling and needed sedation, so something a colonoscopy would be a major catastrophe to me.... really hoping dont have to have one of those!!

Should also mention that sometimes it stings a bit when go to the loo! Would a colonoscopy really be needed?!

You could have a sigmoidoscopy instead

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information