Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bright red blood on tilet paper, bowel cancer fear

Bright red blood on tilet paper, bowel cancer fear

For quite a while now I have been seeing bright red blood on the toilet paper after I have wiped, Ive read this is a symptom of bowel cancer!! This is just generally and not only if I have to strain (I usually dont!). Its not a huge amount of blood ever but more like traces. Going on hol tomorrow and was looking forward to it but am now feeling sick!

I had thought it was dark blood that was a sign of cancer, but have read that it can be bright red as well, is this right? But worried cos also have other symptoms such as am sometimes constipated and sometimes have diarrhea, so alternating between the two.

Any reassurance before hol tomorrow much appreciated. Im 26 and female.

Re: Bright red blood on tilet paper, bowel cancer fear

this sounds like piles,sometimes i get it

I would kind of assume it was piles but dont have a pain when I sit and cant really feel anything... plus its been going on for a while, id say poss even years back can remember it.... :-s Could you have piles or a tear for years and not really know about it, bar small amount of blood on toilet paper?

piles or a fissure

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

it still sounds like piles,but i think maybe it would be best to mention it to your doctor to put your mind at ease.

Could it be piles or a fissure even if has been happening a long time.... like possibly years..

Feeling really scared as would probs be very advanced by now if was the cancer.... starting to wish wasnt going on hol 2moro so could go see a doc. Terrifying myself to death here! :-(
    Last edited by louise123_uk; 28-04-10 at 22:48.

I had it for about a year before I got it looked at and treated.

cancer is usually dried blood as it comes down from the colon and bowel so is dried before you pass it.

red fresh blood is usually a pile or a small tear.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

If you have had years then going on holiday tomorrow is not going to change anything so go and enjoy and see doc when you get back.

I have the same thing it was due to a fissure. I have read that dark blood mixed in the stool is cancer risk but bright red on the paper or streaked on the side of the stool is due to fissure. Hope that helps

Your fine!

Thx, really do want to believe its piles or a fissure, but surely wouldnt have been going on for so long.... (hoping answer is it could have lol). Dont know why has suddenly only dawned on me is this normal, not tht exactly thought it was normal before but just thought it wasnt anything to worry on.... hope havent been stupid!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information