Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bright red blood on tilet paper, bowel cancer fear

Re: Bright red blood on tilet paper, bowel cancer fear

I have had the same symptoms before but my doctor assured me that this is normal as long as the bleeding isn't excessive. A little red in your stool from time to time is fine.

I would still consult a doctor just to make sure that you are ok.

A professional should be able to give you peace at mind.

Howdy ...I had what I thought was blood when I wiped my bum,so off to the quack I went.Paid him to tell me it was the worming medicine I had taken,2 days before...der what an idiot I am lol..thought I was going to cark it I did...anyway just thought I"d share that with you
    Rhonda xx

I had a pile about 8 yeas ago. I went to the doctor an then to the hospital where they banded and removed it. Since then I've had bits of blood, always red as before, and dismissed it as piles because it has always happened but gone again soon after. For some reason this time I am stressing because it was on the paper. I went to the doctors and she examined but couldnt find the pile so is sending me onto hospital again. Like I say, for some reason it is stressing me out this time.

Until I went to docs recently had always assumed it must be piles or a fissure too but when she examined me she just said all looks normal, so I assume by this she could see no piles or fissures so thats kinda why I have the conclusion it must be something terrible though she didnt seem concerned at all! I know if I go back they might refer me for one of those tests with a camera but would just be terrified to have this done as am sure it will pick up something nasty given she couldnt see piles or a fissure

hey louise dont worry about it if you are young it probably just a fissure

and a colonoscopy is not scary at all i have had it done you are sedated to the point of being asleep you dont even remember it

Have a severe phobia of medical things though to the point of nearly faint whenever visit docs even when I know wont be doing anything. I'd be terrified of being sedated in a hospital setting infact I very much doubt I could go through with visiting a hospital if they couldnt do it in docs surgery.

Louise - when was the last time you had any bleeding?

Why not go back to the doctor's and ask them what they found and what they think is causing the bleeding.

Tell them you need to know as it is stressing you out.

There is no point keep wondering and worrying when you could just ask them to tell you what they found and/or explain the bleeding.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Still havent got to bottom of this one. Im still getting blood on the toilet paper when I wipe, the blood seems to be separate on the toilet paper though to the bowel movement. I have however, seen some bright red blood tinges in places on the stool, as well as a white mucous coating in places, and maybe 3 or 4 tiny dark almost black fleck in the stool (which im of course terrified is also blood).

Im really panicing as dont suppose you can have a fissure or a pile for months and months on end can you, it would be gone by now if was just soemthing simple like that wouldnt it! Plus when I add in that the first time went to doc she said she saw nothing of concern, she must have meant there was no pile or fissure, though is strabnge she didnt say we'l have to investigate then....

Soo scared to go to the doc again as given wht ive said seems to suggest a sinister cause, and im worried since this has gone on as long as it has itl be quite advanced by now

Yes you can have piles and fissures for months. I get a lot of bleeding from mine.

Go back to doc please - it is not sinister I am really really sure of it

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information