Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bright red blood on tilet paper, bowel cancer fear

Re: Bright red blood on tilet paper, bowel cancer fear

Crossing fingers nothing serious, cant bring self to go to docs yet :-S

Sitting at work freaking out I might have colon or rectal cancer and will need a colostomy in my 20s and never be atractive to anyone again. Just recently got a new boyfriend and am actually sitting here panciing about losing him if have a cancer like that and land up with one. :-S

Just trying to keep telling myself it'l be nothing and that its only flecks of blood I see but just so scared it might not be just piles or a tear that ive had for ages, do ppl really have them for ages and ages!?

I have piles and fissures and bleeding all the time as I have a lot of diarrohea so for me it is normal.

How many times do you go to the loo in a day and is it solid or runny?

I think until you get some further tests done you will worry about it though and with a simple procedure you can be reassured that you do not have cancer.

To be honest you would have a lot more symptoms with rectal/bowel cancer as well.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I dont have diarrohea or constipation, it just tends to er be fairly average (though a little too hard sometimes).

I go to the loo every other day or every two days (always been like this), and its solid.

Closest docs appointment is bout 2 weeks away unless they get a cancellation, hmmm, im trying to ell myself am jumping to conclusions but reading about colostomies seriously has me shaking, should have resisted the urge to look it up I know!

They are not that scarey. I was going to have one last year and they are only temporary sometimes whilst the bowel recovers.

There is no reason to believe you will ever need one though.

If you have hard stools then that could be causing a small tear.

My next door but one neighbour has had bowel cancer and he did not have a colostomy bag. It was treated with an operation and chemo.

You are too young to have bowel cancer in my opinion - it is very rare in someone in their 20's, but as I said I am not sure you will be completely reassured until you get it looked at.

In the meantime stop googling lol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Still fretting over this, im just thinking back to how when was younger used to often put off going to the loo for er a poo, and would sometimes hold it in for a few days... can this be really bad and increase my chances of getting bowel/anal cancer?

I think you only need to worry if the blood is on the poo or in it. I have had a fissure since I was a child, so I get bleeeding from most bowel movements. I also dont suffer from constipation, its just a weakness in the skin.
    If you cant get a doctors app, go into your pharmacy and buy some pile cream. Use it after youve been to the toilet for a few days and see if that gixes the problem.

Hard /dry motions show that you need to drink more fluids .ie fruit juice and water .These type of bowel motions put a strain on the lower bowel and cause piles and fissures .You may find also you are not eating enough fruit or veg .Increase your intake there are lots of nice fresh fruits around this time of year .Im sure that if you do these things ,you will be functioning correctly and will have no more probs .My Mum had bowel cancer and she had a lot more probs than you have .But it wont hurt to spk to your Dr ,He /she will put your mind at ease .Being anxious can cause the bowel to go into spasm ,and you will not function properly until you have become more relaxed . Sue x

So does anyone know if having er not went to the loo regaularly when was younger mean I have increased my risk of bowel cancer? Ive read on the internet that the toxins could lead to cancer and I did this quite alot when was younger (silly I know but if was in a rush would just put it off)
    Last edited by louise123_uk; 28-06-10 at 14:34.

No it doesnt Louise ..The same goes for people who have IBS . You can get other conditions with the bowel when you get older due to poor diet and constipation tho .So its better you get into good habits whilst you are young and protect yourself . Did you find the information I previously posted any help Louise ? Sue

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information