Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So fed up...

So fed up...

New here and already moaning but I really am just so fed up!

I moved to Glasgow last year and I'm really struggling. I've made friends and had some great times but over all I am so unhappy.
    Uni was going great until recently. I study nursing and my anxiety is making placement so difficult.. My mentor just doesn't understand and is now saying that my communication isn't good enough and she doesn't think she can pass me..
    I'm gutted! I worked so hard and really thought I was improving. I actually feel like such a failure and confused about what I want now.

Because I don't know many people here I feel so isolated and alone right now. I just want to curl into a ball and stay there.. :(

Re: So fed up...

So sorry Emma. Don't curl up honey...well only for today, while you think about what you really want. Whatever it is do not let anxiety hold you back.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Veronicax

Hi Emz

You prove your mentor wrong hun. I know it's really hard but show them that you can do the job and refuse to let all your hard work go to waste.
    I'm sure you can do it.
    Hold that head high gal

Lisa
    xx

Thanks for the support guys.. I'm going to order that book I will try anything at the minute.
    I'm so nervous about placement tomorrow but I really want to go in and yeh, prove her wrong and prove to myself I can as well. Fingers crossed it works...
    xx

Glad you are going in Emm let us know how it goes.

Veronicax

You CAN do it gal!!!

Thank-you so much xox

Update:

placement is NOT going well at all. I put in so much effort over the past week and feel like I have got nowhere.. My mentor says that my communication is not up to "her standard" and while I have all the skills I need for the practical aspect she feels she will still have a problem passing me.

If I don't pass this placement I am leaving Uni :( I don't have a choice. I would have to repeat the placement and I just couldn't do that.

My last day is tomorrow so I find out then... so nervous and expecting the worst. I'm so annoyed and just hate feeling like such a failure after feeling like I had really improved.

Em xx
    like the mis-step in a dance.."
    - Tim Minchin.

Good luck for tommorow .Will be thinking of you ..Luv Sue xxxxxx

Hi Emz,

Good luck with this

tc .. andrew

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information