Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is this a blip

is this a blip

Hi all
    Over the past 4 days I have started to feel anxious, nauseous and very dizzy. I am on 20mg of cit. have also been asked to wean off diazepam of whichi I am doing. just having 1 mg in morning but still 4mg at night. Please tell me this is normal oh I am on day 24 of cit.
    jean

Re: is this a blip

Hi Jean,

sorry to hear your not feeling too good, it is early days on cit, those nauseous and dizzyness are some of the side affects of cit, they will pass, keep posting here, let us know how you are feeling every day. you will get support on here.

hope you feel better soon. Hope you have a good day today,

Yvonne

Hi Yvonne thanks for the support. Its a dreadful feeling sometimes.especiallywhen on your own.But I suppose yes it is the early days I always want things done yesterday!!! No patience whatsoever.
    Jean

Hi Jean,

Has Cit. started to work on lifting up your mood and calming you down though, despite the side effects?

Quote Originally Posted by jaded jean View Post
    Hi Yvonne thanks for the support. Its a dreadful feeling sometimes.especiallywhen on your own.But I suppose yes it is the early days I always want things done yesterday!!! No patience whatsoever.
    Jean

Hi Jean,

Your very welcome. I can understand wanting things to happen like yesterday, hardly any patience when going through these stages. I was like that too.

sending you big hugs.

Yvonne

Hi Jean,

How did you feel when you first started to take citalopram? If the dizziness etc has just come on over the past few days it sounds like it may be symptoms of anxiety? Citalopram does cause increased anxiety when you first start taking it but that should settle down after a few weeks. It may be the fact that you are weaning yourself off the diazepam that is not helping either.

You may find that you will need an increase in the dose of cit but it is a little too early at the moment to know that. See how you go and if it carries on I would make an appointment and go and have a chat with your GP, not nice feeling like you do, but there is a solution and it will pass. Let me know how you get on hun, take care.
    Jo.xx

Quote Originally Posted by newbie76 View Post
    Hi Jean,

Has Cit. started to work on lifting up your mood and calming you down though, despite the side effects?
    Yes . did you read my other thread when I went into asda and cried all the way round the shop but was damned if I was going to go out and it did pass. the past 2 days I have woke up at 4.30am yay!! but have got the shakes. wouldnt mind but I dont drink lol. and the dizzies- I think they are the worst contender.so yeah fingers and everything else crossed it is kicking in slowly does it depend on your chemical levels-your size or what? I am intrigued I know we are all different in make up but just wondered.
    Cheers for that Newbie76
    jean

Quote Originally Posted by JT69 View Post
    Hi Jean,

How did you feel when you first started to take citalopram? If the dizziness etc has just come on over the past few days it sounds like it may be symptoms of anxiety? Citalopram does cause increased anxiety when you first start taking it but that should settle down after a few weeks. It may be the fact that you are weaning yourself off the diazepam that is not helping either.

You may find that you will need an increase in the dose of cit but it is a little too early at the moment to know that. See how you go and if it carries on I would make an appointment and go and have a chat with your GP, not nice feeling like you do, but there is a solution and it will pass. Let me know how you get on hun, take care.
    Jo.xx
    Hi JT69.
    I am getting a telephone consultation later just to verify exactly that I am an anxious peRson to begin with so a bit of paranoia must be acting up as well. I was wondering is the dose too high at 20mg but Iread that a few people on here are statred on that level. Its only my second day of cuttin down diazepam. 1mg I take I ask you -such a wuss but think of all the worst case scenarios as I have nothing else better to do like!!
    JEAN

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne_uk_98 View Post
    Hi Jean,

Your very welcome. I can understand wanting things to happen like yesterday, hardly any patience when going through these stages. I was like that too.

sending you big hugs.

Yvonne

hi Yvonne , thpught I would do something more positive today like cull the clothes. I know its getting rid of old friends eh?? but after I had done 5 bags of clothes 1 of shoes I think thats enough. feel better for it too.Tallking to doc later to see if dose is ok.
    Jean

Quote Originally Posted by jaded jean View Post
    hi Yvonne , thpught I would do something more positive today like cull the clothes. I know its getting rid of old friends eh?? but after I had done 5 bags of clothes 1 of shoes I think thats enough. feel better for it too.Tallking to doc later to see if dose is ok.
    Jean
    Cull the clothes ???
    Is that like shooting them - crikey that's some serious stains!!!!
    LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information