Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Had Ultrasound Scan, Even More Worried Now...Help!

Just Had Ultrasound Scan, Even More Worried Now...Help!

Just got back from having my ultrasound scan for possible gallstones.
    Whislt doin the scan she asked me if ive had my gallbladder removed at anytime, when i said "No, Why"? she just said it wasnt showing up in the scan?
    After another 15 mins or so she said "Ok, Brilliant, All Done", I asked her if she managed to find the gallbladder & She just replied "I Think So, The results will be with your doctor in about 2 weeks!
    Now Im Even more scared than before i had the scan as to why my gallbladder didnt show up & that she said she "THINKS" she found it........
    Anyone else had any strange results from scans that turned out to be nothing?
    Cant Believe ive now got yet ANOTHER 2 weeks of panicing untill i get my results!!!!!
    Please Help!!!!!!

Re: Just Had Ultrasound Scan, Even More Worried Now...Help!

If anything bad had shown you would have heard by now. They had problems locating my bladder 3 weeks ago. No need to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyPC View Post
    If anything bad had shown you would have heard by now. They had problems locating my bladder 3 weeks ago. No need to worry.
    Cheerz Mightypc
    I know its daft worrying but when they say things like that u cant help but wonder why! Wish they could just tell u the results there & then so you just know one way or the other!
    Thanks again!

Totally agree. I was lucky as I went private and the professor done the ultrasound himself and was telling me as and when he scanned each kidney and then my bladder. I remember have one done on the nhs 2 years ago and the guy never said a word. When I asked him at the end he said "sorry I cannot comment" so he never instilled confidence. My partner`s daughter who is a medic said that if anything shows on scans, you usually dont get out of the hospital or you get a call very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyPC View Post
    Totally agree. I was lucky as I went private and the professor done the ultrasound himself and was telling me as and when he scanned each kidney and then my bladder. I remember have one done on the nhs 2 years ago and the guy never said a word. When I asked him at the end he said "sorry I cannot comment" so he never instilled confidence. My partner`s daughter who is a medic said that if anything shows on scans, you usually dont get out of the hospital or you get a call very quickly.

Well thats made me feel a bit better mate cheerz!
    I know, i mean we'd be lost without NHS but it does take forever when your having something done.
    I suppose no news is good news as they say!
    Cheerz dude anyhow!

Hey Just wanted to add that I had my gallbladder removed due to gallstones about a year ago so if you have any questions Im usually about

Quote Originally Posted by worry_bunny View Post
    Hey Just wanted to add that I had my gallbladder removed due to gallstones about a year ago so if you have any questions Im usually about
    Hey thanks for that, once i get my scan results & if it is gallstones ill hold u to that, lol.
    No doubt if it is ill be a nervous wreck over the surgery, God does it ever end!!!
    Thanks again! Im sure ill be in touch!

I also had my gallbladder removed last May so if you would like anymore questions answered please feel free to give me a shout x

Try not to worry. I had a gallbladder scan last month and she told me there and then that I was fine, but I had to ask.

Hope the results are ok xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Bexmumto3 View Post
    I also had my gallbladder removed last May so if you would like anymore questions answered please feel free to give me a shout x
    Thanks for your reply, i imagine if the scan comes up as gallstones youll get sick of me asking questions, lol!
    Thanks again. x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information