Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emetophobia :@

Emetophobia :@

Hey, so i'm new to this site! I was kind of hoping i'd be able to talk to people who understood what i'm going through!
    I'm emetophobic and its ruining my life.
    I'm having a particularly bad week and can't eat all that well, which means i'm constantly hungry, which in turn is making me feel sick :( urgh!
    I hate this fear. Theres just no escaping it!
    I know the dreaded "norovirus" season is over but i'm still paranoid about picking up a bug especially seen asthough my dad has Alzheimer's disease and spends a lot of time at day care centres - where illnesses spread faster!
    I have exams at University in a couple of weeks - really could do without my emetophobic thoughts right now :(
    I tried to talk to my family and friends about all this but I guess its a hard thing to understand unless you suffer from it!
    Sick of this phobia!!

Re: Emetophobia :@

Hi there.
    I'm going through a bad patch with my eating too. I'm hardly eating anything and the weight is falling off me.
    Its very hard to people that dont understand that your phobia is telling you not to eat even if your body is screaming out for food.
    I finished my degree this time last year, so I can sympathise with the stresses youre going through. Is there any way to get some help from student support? I took advantage of it and was given an extra 3 weeks to do my work in, which really helped.
    I wish I could offer advice on how to get through it, but as I say Im in the same position and Ive yet to find a way out.
    x

actually ive not had the best weekend :L
    and i havn't ate, or slept, and now i have the worst headaches, and that just makes me even more scared :@:@,
    god its so annoying :( but i dont understand why i keep gettin these headaches :/
    and yeah i wish i could give advice too, but i need it aswell ;L

I expect your headache Tinker is due to the lack of food and especially fluids, you could be dehydrated.

Hope you all feel better soon. I know emetophobia is awful, I suffer with it as well. I would declare the Norovirus over with though until Summer (when it comes).

i have bin drinking alot tho

I get tension headaches with my anxiety Tinker.. so might be that! And also lack of food - no energy etc!

God i hate this phobia... iv felt sick allll day, had the nip out an pick something up and that was the worst.. felt so ill!!
    But yet again... i havnt been sick, so another day wasted from panic and emet!

Very worried about tomorrow.. im delivering a session of baby massage to 9 parents with their babies, usually i have someone else with me (another collegue) but shes away this week so im on my own.. so think thats why iv been feeling sick, but im dreading waking up in the morning feeling so horrible i cant go out..... i have to! I cant let them all down.. God its gona be a nightmare..

xx

iknow, theres no control over it, and good luck, im sure you'll be fine

I get a lot of headaches to.
    I asked my doctor about it - he says its due to anxiety. =/
    This has to be one of the worst phobias!
    been feeling sick on and off all day. Whats worse is never knowing whether the nausea is all in my head or its actually real!
    x

I know that feeling... been feeling sick all day at work, had about 6 panic attacks one after another.. constant anxiety.. im totally drained and my body kills from tensing muscles!!
    But nothing happened once again... i wasnt sick, had nothing to worry about, so just wasted yet another day on this stupid phobia!! Sooo frustrating, hate it xx

:( its a nightmare!
    I hope you're feeling better now fairyclairy!
    Just been put on some anti - anxiety meds! The side effects say they cause nausea or vomiting :S!
    Not sure whether to take them now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information