Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Giving up

Giving up

I feel so awful. I can't go on like this anymore. I just need something that helps, and doesn't make it worse. Think I am slowly going insane.

hiya

sorry to hear your so down. ive been trying to cope with depression for 5 years now and its not easy. i know how it feels when you hit a low and nothing anyone says or does makes you feel any better. do you have anyone you trust enough to talk to? i no you might not believe me i was skeptical too but it can make you feel better sometimes, just being able to vent you know? if your not on any meds it might be worth going to your gp too. it took me 2 years to admit i needed meds and help, but i do think they help once you find one which works for you.

if you want someone that understands to talk too ill have a clash with you!! im sure the others on this site will too, im new to all this but their support and info has helped me

anyway chin up x

Thanks.

I just can't see a wait out. I am giving my 6th lot of meds a try now... Not convinced though, feel worse, and they've given me so many that no excuse to go back for weeks. Just feel so alone.

hannahlou i hope you dont give up. it is people like you who make us newcomers not give up, to see a way out. give the meds a go, if not try herbal remedies or chinese herbalists that mojo tried and thought helped.

never think a medicine is your last hope for where there is life there is hope

chin up, you are not alone , i am having the anxiety from hell the last few days whilst trying to be a patient mum of a hormonal 12 year old and 4 boys under 3.

stay calm

jackie

Thanks Jackie,

I'm really not anything to look up to. It is people like you who cope with running families etc who put me to shame. I don't do anything worth while-- ever.

Just wish I could snap out of it. Meds are a complete last resort for me. I don't agree with them or the side effects, it's all against my principles. Which isn't helping.

I also kind of convinced myself Dad's not gone. That it was faked... but it's not, and I can't handle it. How sad is that? It's been almost 8 years!

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I'm really not anything to look up to. It is people like you who cope with running families etc who put me to shame. I don't do anything worth while-- ever.

<div align="right">Originally posted by Hannahlou84 - 26 January 2006 : 17:03:29</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Hannah,

I am firmly of the principle that everyone on this planet has special qualities in all sorts of ways. Depression stops the self from seeing these and in addition to that people in your situation are often isolated and so lack the opportunity to explore new avenues with others. These avenues lead to all sorts of positive parts of your personality which you may not be aware of.

Its important that you recognise this and learn to "love yourself", seeing your self-worth which is hiding behind the darkness of this wretched depression.

I would suggest that those that have had dealings with you, post on this thread and give some positive feedback about you. How about it folks?

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

hi hannahlou,

you sound really down, hug for you.
    that makes sense to me, your feeling really down, you remember a really sad event (or even the other way around) your anxiety runs riot through it all until you cant see things straight .. its happened to us all, dont beat yourself up over it.
    you are worthwhile, whether you feel it or not. trying to help others, whilst struggling yourself is a quality.
    keep posting, try and keep your chin up, you take care .. andrew

Hannah

Try and give this lot of meds at least 6 months before expecting any results. What are you on this time?

Nicola

Citalopram?

I am not expecting anything from them at the moment. Well, I am, but that was only for things to stay the same, and not for lots of it to get worse and blown out of proportion. I don't think meds agree with me.

I've only changed other medication because of GPs suggestion, ultimately anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information