Thread: Pain in side - now worried its my appendix

Pain in side - now worried its my appendix

Hi,

I have been having a pain in my side on and off for about a week or so now. I went to the doctor last Tuesday who wasn't overly worried about it. Went back on Friday as I also have a bruised feeling high up on my right hand side under my ribs and the sharp pains in my side.

I went back to see him today as they are still there and he is sending me for an Xray tomorrow to check my lungs as I have been coughing a fair bit and am quite phlegmy. So he things I may have hurt my side where it feels bruised or its an infection.

But now I am worried that the pain down lower might be my appendix?? I didn't really mention that pain again today so I hope he hasn't overlooked it. Of course I googled it and it can kill you if its missed!

I am in panic mode now. I have been getting a few pains in my belly too which feel like wind pains to me.

Of all the things I have been worried about the last few years, cancer, heart attack, stroke etc now I am bloody worried that my appendix will kill me.
    ''I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me''
    ~Dr Seuss~

Re: Pain in side - now worried its my appendix

Hey
    I think if it was your appendix it would of made you quite ill by now, I

............and you would be throwing up . i had mine removed and I felt sooooooooooooooooooo ill .

also the pain from apendicitis is very debilitating. You wouldnt be able to move, and you would be in tears. Believe me, you would know right off the bat :] just plain old anxiety playing tricks on you!

Thanks all
    ''I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me''
    ~Dr Seuss~

Thread Information