Thread: "Air Hunger" symptoms won't go away!!

"Air Hunger" symptoms won't go away!!

For the last 2 weeks, I have been constantly aware of my breathing. It is like I have become obsessed with it - like if I stopped thinking about it, it would just stop!! I deep breathe all the time, yawn and sigh. My chest feels tight and my upper back, neck and shoulders ache. I have a blocked up nose and post nasal drip too so I am constantly coughing and clearing my throat.

The deep breathing makes me feel light headed and tired all the time.

Over the last 4 years since I have been a member on here, I have written about this several times so I know that it does eventually go but sometimes, it can last for months. This makes me feel very down and despite having had this before, I still worry that this is something more than anxiety.

Re: "Air Hunger" symptoms won't go away!!

Ditto to everything you have said. I have suffered with this many times and I take such deep breaths, or try to, until my back aches. Have the blocked nose, and keep yawning to try and get a breath in. There are many people who suffer with this that I have read on-line. It is such a pain, literally, but the only thing I will say is try to relax and practice the correct way of breathing. I found it useful watching on youtube the best way to breathe. Sounds funny, but it really does help.

As you say though, you have posted this many times and you are still here, but at the time it is so scary. You will be ok, this blooming anxiety has a lot to answer for :-)

Jannie x x

I've been feeling the same for the last week now, feel as if I can't take a nice deep breath in even though I can, my chest is all tight & heavy but I am constantly aware of how I am breathing & try to correct it for some reason which only makes it all worse & makes me really light headed.
    I find that when I do have a cold this is made ten times worse but have found that Karvol plugs in work brilliantly.

try covering one nostril and your mouth at same time then take deep breaths over other nostril it works

Thanks guys. I know it is a common complaint with anxiety but when I have it< I always feel a lot closer to having a panic attack and I really have to watch myself! I hope we are all feeling better soon x

Thread Information