Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citalopram + seroquel for depression & anxiety

Citalopram + seroquel for depression & anxiety

Hello i am male 38 years of age married, 1 children since i remember i have had anxiety and depression , when i was a kid i had the most terrible nightmares going to school , my anxiety always been terrible also for many years a have been madicated for anxiety, panick atacks ,depression .
    But recently after stop taking medications for a couple of years my anxiety has returned more stronge than before also with depression so i went to my doc he gave me citalopram first 40 ml then 60 ml the maximum dose for citalopram, i start to feel much, much better after a few weeks like before taking citalopram i was nervous to go anyplace like supermarkets , mall,theater (etc) then after having the citalopram (celexa) my life came back to me i was going to every place alone and i could say that i was feeling preatty safe no fear, no panick attacks, and much less depression even i went for vacations to florida and i went to the bech alone ,before going to the beach alone it could be almost imposible but after start citalopram was diferent a 100% much better .
    But after two moths having citalopram 60 ml i feelt like my anxiety was like70% gone and my depression was like 50 % gone i was still feeling depressed and some times anxius like when i had to pay at the cashier or talking with some one about something important like work or somethig like that, so i went back to my doc and he gave me seroquel first 25ml now 50 ml daily for anxiety and help with depression now i am having both seroquel xr 50ml and citalopram 60 ml daily and i have to say that seroquel xr really works for anxiety now my anxiety is almost gone like 95% is gone i feel more relax , calm during the whole day and at night helps me to sleep for me seroquel has been A+ exellent medication for anxiety but i am still very concern because looks like my depression still is in progress like is 50% with citalopram but seroquel looks like is not helping to much with the depression only with anxiety so i relly don"t know what to do?? talk with my doc,,, and aski him to encrease my seroquel ??? or just change citalopram for depression ??? i really don't know what do to??? , because citalopram at the first time works with my anxiety and like 50% with my depression but like i said i have been like 3 months having citalopram and like 24 days on seroquel so... my concern is my depression, feels like my motivation is still down
    and i don't know what do ????? any one here have had experience with seroquel xr for depression how many ml daily????or just anyone that may be can give me an advise about it???Thanks

Re: Citalopram + seroquel for depression & anxiety

Hey long time no hear from you???

You sound like you need to go and talk to your GP. I dont know alot about seroquel, but have taken citalopram in the past up to 40mg, it had previously worked for me but this past bout of depression/anxiety I had it didnt and I had to change meds.

Three months is not ever such a long time to take meds for so your GP may want you to persevere a little longer but I actually think having been on the maximum dose you should of noticed some difference by now....I am not a GP though so its best to chat to him/her.

I do hope you get sorted out as it must be awful for you still feeling this way. I know we have communicated previously and remember then how frustrated you were.

Let me know how you get on.

Take care. Jo.xx

hi there,, i take seroquel xl,, 50 in morn and 50 at nite,, they have really helped me,, and have lifted the depression as i have sterted to do more and made me feel happier,, so i would give it time, (50 mg that is),
    Last edited by bomberbeamish; 03-05-10 at 16:10. Reason: more info

diaizpam 5mg, as needed.

come on panic attack do your worse,, you can knock me down,, BUT I WILL GET BACK UP AGAIN.

Thank you jp69 for your anwer ,, and yes i remenber you i really thank you for answer my question ,,,, ...

Thanks bomberbeamish for your answer , can i ask you for how long you been on seroquel xr and if you feel that you need more for depression or is ok now and does 50 ml in the morning doesn't make feel sleepy????

ive been on them bout year now and they have been a wonder drug for me,, i used to take citalopram 60mg aday,, they did help but now im on prozac,, only because i fell preganate a few years ago. i feel the depression has lifted but ive done so much self help as well,, and exercise, which has helped the most,, i make sure i go out once aday, even just to shop, just keep with with it, and go to your gp for a chat,, not just for more pills, its good to talk, lol

diaizpam 5mg, as needed.

come on panic attack do your worse,, you can knock me down,, BUT I WILL GET BACK UP AGAIN.

bomberbeamish Do you think Prozac is better than citalopram???

well when i was put on citalopram,, i was in a very dark place and i couldnt of got much lower so the only way was up for me, ive always had a cocktail of meds,, when on them i was on buspa and beta blockers to, when i look back i went stable on them,, then i got pregnate and had to change, now i do feel feed up sometimes, but my argroaphobia is a lot worse and do take diaiazpam, so i dont really know as my life changed over the years,, and will all respond to them different.

diaizpam 5mg, as needed.

Thank you for answer me and , i am sure everything will be just fine for you I think i am going to stay on citalopram a couple the weeks more and see if i get better, if not i am going to change it, i will up date, but i still want to know is anyone here in this forum knows about seroquel xr for depression??????

Hi Torombolo,

I have not taken seroquel but know that is comes under the antipsychotic meds and can be used to treat bipolar but also can be used to treat anxiety, I dont think it is very helpful in the way of treating depression, but it has probably really helped you with your levels of anxiety and brought them under control. This is just my own oppinion in what know about the drug.

With regard to the citalopram, it is a shame that it is not having the desired effect on you but we all differ, I would certainly give it a bit longer before thinking of changing.

How long have you taken the 60mg dose for?

I do hope you start to feel better soon.

Jo.xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information