Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colonoscopy due to blood and mucus :(

Colonoscopy due to blood and mucus :(

Ok iv been refered because iv been having yellow mucus and blood in my stools. Sometimes i can go to the toilet 6 times a day which is not diarrhea and then other times im constipated and cant go at all. So my doctor has refered me. Im scared stiff. I can not stop crying. What if iv got bowel cancer? Im only 24 and have a beautiful daughter.. I just CANT leave her behind. On top of that im in agony with lower backache. Im totally convinced this it and im going to die. Please help me :(

Re: Colonoscopy due to blood and mucus :(

Its so hard not to worry!! I wonder if you have IBS - I dobt it is any type of cancer. what you are describing is common symptoms of IBS. And having anxiety doesn't help at all!! I'm sure everything will turn out fine!!

I really do hope it is something like ibs barbn.. Thankyou for replying

Hi Sammie - I really dobt you have any type of cancer - at your age cancer of that type is extremely rare. Anxiety can do a number on our systems - I know this from personal experience!! I'd tell you not to worry - but I know you will! Hang in there!!

hi mate i to doubt its cancer my son had this but he was going to toilet up to 10 times a day but hes got ulcer colitis

Hi Melvin... Thats what im doing going to the toilet alot more than usual, but like i sed no diarrea... I suppose i just cant help but worry. The thought of any cancer frightens the hell outta me! Fingers crossed all will be ok x

Forgot to say. How old is your son? Is he ok now then? Did he have mucus and blood? x

Sammie,

I had this, Im 39 and was convinced I had bowel cancer. I had to pay to have my coloboscopy as Dr kept saying I was too young. I lost 3kgs in a week, terrible stomach cramps, waking at 3 in the morning to pass bloody water, in addition to going 4-5 times a day. I also had mucous in my motions as well as grey & yellow diahorrea. I was checked and all ok, though I have some small diverticulitis. I am sure you are fine and remember; the more you panic the worst your symptons will get. Mine has been put down to IBS as my bladder had flared up too. They found that both my bladder and colon was in spasm. Good luck.

To keep your mind at rest and for reassurance, I suggest that you go on the web and look at 2 bowel cancer web sites. Beating bowel cancer and Bowel cancer UK. Speak with the nurses, who are fantastic, and they will reassure you, believe me.

Hi sammie,

Just wondered how you got on?

Ive been having similar symptoms recently, for about 5 weeks ive had blood/mucus with stools, 3 bms a day, lost a little bit of weight too.

Im 28 years old, relatively healthy, have a beautiful young family and dreaded its something terrible.

Would be good to get some feedback from you.

Rich

Hi am havin the same thing only thing is am havin diarrhoea about6 to 7 times a day.i real think iv got cancer and no one listing cause of me ha x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information