Thread: think i'm cracking up

think i'm cracking up

Hi All,

Just want your advice really. The last few weeks ive felt quite down on monday hit a right low couldnt stop crying all day decided to start taking my prozac every day again as i was on them everyother day before. Ive started to feel better ive had a few early nights which has helped but last night i was round my sisters house with my boyfirned and my sisters husband and his sistr and brother-inlaw who i know very well and i was in a good mood, laughing and joking and everyone was like whats up with you your've gone mad you aint normally this chatty i wasnt doing anything wrong i dont think just having a laught i must admit i felt drunk ont he atmosphere really happy and laughing but not nothing i thought was strange but now im worried I;ve gone mad and dont know it cause on this site everyone says you wouldnt know if you was mad after they said that i went very quite and it made me feel really down cause it worried me that something is wrong with me. sorry to go on but need your advice

Lisa

Lisa,

You arent cracking up and think deep down you know that. If all your family and friends are used to you being a bit down or not as bubbly as you usually are and you have been like that for quite a while on and off, then it was probably just them showing surprise at how much of a good mood you were in - only in your anxious/low state you have misinterpreted it. As you say, you felt drunk on the atmosphere, you were really enjoying yourself and that isn't something to be worrying about. I do understand your concerns though because I also went through a period of not being able to accept happiness for what it was because I was frightened that being happy for a few hours (when I was 'supposed' to be depressed) meant that I had some sort of mania, or severe mental illness developing. In reality, those moments are chinks of light coming through - you taking your eye off the 'depression ball' (if that makes sense!). And also if you think about it, even if you do suffer from clinical depression, you arent in a black depression for 24 hours a day usually - there are always times when your mood does life, and that is obviously what happened to you when you went to your relatives the other night. Don't over-analyse what happened - you had a nice time, you felt good, end of. And don't take their comments too seriously, the probably just arent used to you being like that and didnt realise how much theyre comments would affect you! People who dont suffer with mental illnesses have a good way of making you feel **** about yourself without even realising they're doing it! Clare. xxx

*I think, therefore I am.*

Hi Lisa, If I was you I would hold on to that happy and chatty time, thats not mad its being normal and becouse you havnt been well and down you and other people are not used to it. Dont worry about just be glad it happened to it looks like a turn for the better, dont spoil that. Take care and try to laugh and chat more often, Vernon

It may be the response to upping your prozac.

Sounds like you felt better with it anyway and thats a good sign.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Maybe you were just so happy to be feeling well again.

I wouldn't let it worry you too much ok.

Nicola

Hi

Laugh and the world laughs with you ! laughing is not a sign of cracking its a release from the every day pressures of life and should be enjoyed in the moment!

I laugh at the most silliest of things sometimes, keep laughing it beats the tears trust me !

Sue with 5

scknight

Thread Information