Thread: positive pregnancy test

positive pregnancy test

Hiya im 4 days late on period so did a test today which turned out positive

Im now really panicking because ive been on antibiotics (METROINIDAZOLE) for a tooth infection finished the course today! would this hurt the baby!

Any advice would be great full x

Re: positive pregnancy test

Aww first of all congratulations hun.. Me and my hubby are trying for another and this month i was convinced i was pregnant but then got my period :(

Try not to worry hun.. If you are worried damage will have been done which highly doubt it then go to your gp in the morning and ask him to send you to the early pregnancy unit for a scan.. What they will do is scan you up your vagina. Completley painless i asure you as iv had many of these done with my first pregnancy. Its the bestest way to see the baby at this early stage. Try not to worry though, after all your having a baby hehe.. This may help you, when i was pregnant with my daughter i went on a 3 day bender which consisted of plenty of vodka, shots you name it. And when i found out i was pregnant i was like omg what have i done, will it be ok? Trust me babies are tough cookies hehe xx

Thank you for replying this is a complete shock to us we wasn't trying but Im so happy that I am I already have a 3 year old so perfect timing! got doctors tomorrow Im just so worried, really hope The tablets haven't caused harm! I really hope you get pregnant soon xx

Many congratulations, I'm sure all will be well. Your baby is unlikely to be well formed enough to be affected, though I suspect your doctor will stop the antibiotic just for safety's sake. Hope the tooths ok as well BTW.
    Made for justice, we clamour for vengeance.
    Made for relationship, we insist on our own way.
    Made for beauty, we are satisfied with sentiment.
    But new creation has already begun.
    The sun has begun to rise.

Tom Wright, The Bishop of Durham
    from Simply Christian

Huge congrats on your pregnancy.
    I'm sure everything will be fine but mention your worries to your doctor tomorrow as there is conflicting advice for its use in early pregnancy but I think that is the case with many medications. I had to have alsorts in my last pregnancy due to constant urine infections one of which was not recommended in pregnancy yet one doctor thought it was fine & then another took me off them, my son turned out to be a big healthy baby with no problems at all.
    Try not to worry. xx

Congratulations

Like sammie, I had way too much alcohol the night before I found out I was pregnant with my daughter! I'd also been taking some medication for a week prior, that is not recommended for use in pregnancy. So my worried mind went into overdrive! Daughter was absolutely fine though.

Speak to your doctor if you're concerned. I'm sure they'll put your mind at rest.

Carly x

Thread Information