Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rash!

Rash!

I've talked about this before elsewhere but I am having another bad 'do' of this bloomin rash and i wondered if anyone had any advice or comments.... i just started itching on my forearms and then it went mad, itching all over and a slight rash all over with some raised patches on my arms.. it is going down a bit now but it really panics me because of my health anxiety not to mention it's horrible!

I used premerthrin twice - two weds running as the doctor told me i had scabies (yuk!), and piriton because the pharmacist said it was allergy and the doc said i was allergic to the bites.... It just doesn't make sense to me! It's really doing my head in, going over whether it's something I ate, wore (I've changed!) washing powder, stress, hormones etc etc!! It would be good to hear of someone else with the same thing!

I'm really getting in a panic, really shaky and frightened although I don't know why exactly, maybe I'm scared I'll go in to anaphylactic shock or something - or its caused by something more sinister...

I am very stressed out anyway but if anyone has any words that might calm me down I would be very grateful!

fee
    xx

I've been googling (oops) and am wondering about lycra - it's in all my t-shirts, waistbands, bras etc....

ho hum!

fee
    xx

Hi Fee,

Sorry you're still suffering with this mate. I can't be much help but know as always I am thinking of you.
    I did have a patch of having blotches on my neck/chest but it was more like hives or an allergic reaction, but it did seem to be due to anxiety somehow.
    I know how terrifying it can be once we start imagining the worst in our minds but I don't think it's anything serious and it's not anaphylactic shock, allergies or stress or scabies are much more likely. Scabies could be it as they bite you and then you itch for a few weeks after treatment sometimes.
    Big hug and thinking of you.

Lisa x

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I've been googling (oops) and am wondering about lycra - it's in all my t-shirts, waistbands, bras etc....
    <div align="right">Originally posted by feege - 27 January 2006 : 22:17:55</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Naughty girl for googling! Lol. You will have to join me at googleholics anonymous now! I haven't heard about lycra before but I guess people can become sensitive to it maybe, doesn't seem that likely.

Lisa x

Yes it's me again! Lol.
    Ok after googling on your behalf (oops, it's allowed for a mate isn't it!) I found many sites that said anxiety can cause a rash or hives. Hives also look like little bites or can just be raised blotches like I had. This is due to a release of histamine into the body and when we are anxious/stressed we release more histamine - I knew this but had forgotten as it's mentioned in my breathing book. As you have been anxious and certainly under alot of stress lately it could well be that. Even if it's scabies it's not serious either just very irritating. Does calamine lotion help?
    Anyway I hope that helps a little.

Lisa x

oh lisa hon - thanks!

it's soooo doing my head in tonight.. I don't know why it's bothering me so much - i guess it's quite an obvious anxiety thing but i feel tormented! haven't even been able to concentrate on BB and I've watched the whole thing and it was the final - no distraction for me tonight! I keep scratching and making it worse - i do it before i realise it's just instinct!

That was interesting about hives... i wondered about that but stopped myself googling too much and just looked up latex allergy because of where it seemed to be conentrated and the fact that i had a t-shirt with lycra in on.... I do try NOT to google!

I haven't looked at your thread yet - just offloaded here! I hope you are ok - will have a look now!

thanks again hon xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

fee
    xx

You're welcome mate.

I know you try not to google, I do too, but just occasionally we get that urge to look up spmething innocent don't we. Lol.
    I know when I had hives my then gp tried telling me it was my washing powder initially, but I hadn't changed it.
    You offload as much as you want, you don't have to read my waffle on my thread too! Lol.
    I hope you feel better about this soon,

Lisa x

Hi Fee,

I almost sure this is down to all the stress you are under at the moment.

I know last summer my youngest had rashes, itches for a few weeks and we were at our wits end trying to work out what it was, anything from blackberries to sun lotion to washing powder. Anyway it then just went.

This maybe one of your symptoms - like some feel sick, some get ibs, some get this that and the other. We all have our areas where anxiety seems to show itsself.

Have you tried calenduala cream to soothe it??

I am sure it will settle down but is hard when you think it is allergy based to isolate the culprit isnt it.

Big hug mate.

Piglet xx

Thanks piglet! But hey don't get too close with the hug - you might catch something lol[:I]

I hope it is one of those things that just disappears again - it's always a new trick with my ME/anxiety... I was terribly down and anxious last night (it started with the rash and went downhill) and have been weeping and tossing and turning all night... So I'm having trouble getting myself together today.

Yours support means so much to me - you're a ray of sunshine!

love and hugsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

fee
    xx

Awwww.

I am always amazed at just how varied all the symptoms can be.

I have had some really weird ones over the past few years (with a couple of genuine organic problems thrown in, like the cyst on my ovary).

The ibs one really scared me and so did the indigestion one too. You said in one of your posts something like, new symptom-worry-doctor- tests-relief-new symptom. That made me smile so much, cos its soooo true!!!!!!

I also thought about what you said about the way you feel about your son as I am just the same about my girls. I am trying very hard to think about this differently if they snap at me, to not to take it too personally. This is hard when they are the focus of your life so I totally know what you mean.

It is a really lovely sunny day here, so I am gonna make a brew and put a warm coat on and go and sit in the garden and get some vit d on my face!!

We have a robin that comes in our garden all the time called Bert, who I really like until he poos on my washing, so I need to go and check that he's behaving.

Nother hug for you cos I am not fussed about your hivey thing.

Piglet xx

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information