Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rash!

Hi Fee,

How's that head today? I don't envy you getting drunk though, with the ME I can't even tolerate a drop of alcohol. I really hope you feel ok today and not too itchy aswell!

Sorry to hear Sarah has another infection, it must be so worrying for you all. My thoughts are with you, Sarah and Mark.

It's another lovely sunny day here today, hope it is there. I so envy you being near the sea, a nice brisk walk along the seafront on a day like today would be perfect (ok in reality it would cause me to hyperventilate but I can dream) Lol.

Have a good day.

Lisa x

oh dear..

at least i didn't post anything tooo stupid last night lol!

Surprisingly, i don't feel too bad... just very very tired and it was such a change to have fun.... and oddly i still can once i manage to get out!

itching is still bad althogh i didn't notice much last night lol! But my legs keep looking like i've been standing in front of a fire - and my arms a bit too, in patches and it comes and goes... what's that all about?

It is lovely and sunny here too lisa and i am going for a walk in a minute to try and shake off the hangover!

hope you are ok - haven't had much chance to look around today yet...

xxxxxxxxxx

fee
    xx

Hi Fee,

Glad you're feeling ok today and enjoyed going out having fun last night.

Sorry you're still itching (even I start scratching when I keep typing itching! Lol). I don't really know about the legs looking like you've stood by the fire, I've had blotches like that on my chest/neck before but in my case it was either allergies or anxiety.

Hope you have a nice walk.

Lisa x

Hi Fee,

How you feeling??

Did your GP give you a timescale on how quickly you'd begin to feel better, and has that deadline passed yet?

My brother had scabies last autumn and it was initially misdiagnosed as psoriosis, which did make some sense as that can be caused by stress which fitted. But when he went to a dermatologist, she immediately corrected the diagnosis as scabies and was given the right treatment, applying "Lyclear" [generic name Permethrin] twice a day all over the body. He also had to renew all clothing he had used during the infection period as the bug could be embedded in there too.

He is now cured, but still gets the odd minor itch.

Scabies can often be picked up from places such as nursing homes, but elsewhere of course. Have you visited a place like this in recent months?

Scabies shows itself not only in rashes, but also in raised red spots. My brother got a lot of these, particularly over his back and forearms, and they really went for his bum crack[Ugh]. They disappeared and reappeared elsewhere overnight, and had a habit of forming more later in the day when itching would be worse.

Anyway, tells us the latest!

Sleep tight

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Hi Ray

Thanks for answering again! I'm still absolutely tormented - in fact it is really bad tonight. I was told by doc (and have checked on net) to do it twice, one week apart with using Lyclear, which I have done - the second time was last Weds.

I have just had real trouble accepting it IS Scabies, plus I didn't do it all correctly the first time so I'm worried even if it is that I won't have cleared it. Blooming stupid GP she knows I have a health anxiety so I trusted her and just did what she said rather than read up first....

I have read more now and realise that if it is scabies (which I'm not sure) and I have treated it correctly (which I doubt!) then I could still carry on itching for up to 3 weeks!

I find it so hard to believe it can cause this much itching all over but feel reassured to hear about your brother! And it's better than a lot of the other things it could be - if it is stress I could be stuck with it for ever!!!

I had no-one to help me treat it and I have ME and am going through a lot of stress at the moment and all the washing and stuff is overwhelming if I have to go through the whole procedure againg:(

It seems particularly cruel timing and I have no idea where I could have got it from either.

I've had to keep myself really busy all day to distract me and now I'm exhausted, itchy, stressed and not sure how I'll cope with going to work tomorrow....

Thanks for your support!

fee
    xx

Hi Lisa

Thanks hon! As you can see from my reply to Ray I am tormented! It's really really bad tonight and making me really tense.

Sarah has a temperature again which is so frightening...

I have fallen out with my mum this weekend who made me feel guilty for going out, when I had said I was too tired and couldn't afford it! She made me feel 15 instead of 51!! I suppose I should be gateful lol!!

I will pop over and look at your place but sitting still and concenetrating when I'm being eaten alive isn't easy lol!!

Am I cursed?!! (only joking.. I think )

Hope you're ok xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

fee
    xx

Hi Fee,

I've seen you've been to my place so thanks for popping by. You seem to like my chaise and redbush tea I think! Lol.

Sorry you're still so itchy, if it is scabies it seems a right nuisance to treat.

Sorry Sarah is not so good again, it must be so worrying every time this happens. I am thinking of you all.

Try and ignore your Mum, she probably means well in her own way. Sometimes going out when we're too tired and have no money equals the best night out - as it was in your case. Lol.

I hope the itching stops and you can relax and get some sleep. Don't worry about work if you're not up to it, you have enough on your plate right now so put yourself first.

Big hugs,

Love Lisa x

Hi Fee

Hope you manage to get some sleep and relief from the itching.

I would suggest ignoring your mum too. The night out seemed to do you the world of good and that's the most important thing when you're having a bad time.

Thinking of you and I hope Sarah starts to pick up again soon.

Karen x

thanks lisa!

Maybe i'll get a garden one day..... but knowing me I'll be allergic to it lol!

ignore my mum?... you haven't met her lol

Hope you sleep well xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

fee
    xx

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">
    Maybe i'll get a garden one day..... but knowing me I'll be allergic to it lol
    <div align="right">Originally posted by feege - 29 January 2006 : 23:06:31</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Lol Fee, I'm allergic to mine, to the pollen and grass and trees, especially in the summer/spring, but I still enjoy it.

Sleep well too and hope you wake itch free!

Love Lisa x

P.S The power of the mind is amazing, I keep scratching my head when I'm talking about itching as I start itching! Lol.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information