Thread: Seroquel for anxiety really works!!!!!!

Seroquel for anxiety really works!!!!!!

I am a male 38 years old i have suffered from anxiety, whole my life i have tried many different medications for my depression and anxiety some has worked some don't but mostly of those that have worked cause addiction so not a good thing, a few weeks ago my doctor prescribed me seroquel xr for anxiety and depression and i have to say that after just 1 week taking seroquel i have started to feel the benefits now i have like 26 days on seroquel and i have to say that really works for my anxiety like 95 % is gone almost completely , about my depression i am still feeling like 30 or 40 % depressed so im wondering if seroquel can take away the depression totally i will be up dating........:wave::wave::wave:

Re: Seroquel for anxiety really works!!!!!!

Hi there.. can i ask how many mgs u on a day. I take 50 xr in morn and night and have the option to take an odd 25mg during day or in morn as im not good in morns but been a it scared to. I totally agree that there good abd may be i will benifit from taking more. Have u had side affects?im on them for same reason as u but been taking diaizpam in morns.

yes it works exellent for anxiety i am now in 125 xr i take 100 xr and 25 rapid release for sleep. i wake up non sleepy feeling very calm i have to say that i take my meds very early like 3 or 4 pm i take the 100 xr and then i take the 25 for sleep aound 8 or 9 pm. good luck , i haven't feel any side effects..

Hi bomberbeamish , i just want to ask you if by taking 50 seroquel xr during the day ,, does is make you feel sleepy??? i just wondering because i am having problems with my anxiety and i would like to know if mai be taking the pills during the will be much better?????

Hi Torombolo,

Do you still take the citalopram along with the seroquel??? I am suffering with anxiety and my gp has given me pregabalin....just wondered about what you are taking and if I might benefit from that??? What are the side effects when first taking it??? Do you take it at night?? Thanks. JO.x

Yes i am taking it at night 125 ml seroquel xr and i have to say that is just fantastic, my anxiety is totally under control with this medication i am having 60 celexa during the day , and 125 seroquel xr at night, works wonders for anxiety, now i just start to tray it during the day because seroquel xr doesn't make you feel sleepy like the regular seroquel (rapid release)seroquel xr extended release works excellent i take 25 ml rapid release at night to help me sleep, Conclusion i have to say that seroquel really works for anxiety, and about the side effects well, every body reacts different but in my case i don't have any side effects at all the only side effect that i have is if i take seroquel rapid release makes me feel sleepy only with ml, i think seroquel has a very bad publicity because theres more than 28 millions of prescriptions around the world and much more people happy with this medication, for me works wonders , talk to your doctor and ask him about seroquel xr?? for anxiety??and let me know and i have to say that celexa also is good for anxiety not as good seroquel xr but works
    good luck
    Last edited by Torombolo; 02-06-10 at 19:03.

Hey guys,
    I have Social Anxiety Disorder, and I have been on 200mg's for a few weeks now, but I just dont notice a huge substantial increase in mood, or less depression, or less anxiety.

Specifically for SAD, I have heard that MAOI's work best, but those are hard to get prescribed (but I won't get into that here).

Seroquel for me has been ok so far (no side effects, which I learned while in hospital).

I will be combining this medication with Mirtazapine (starting at 15mg's), and I will also be upping the Seroquel to 300mg's.

It seems that there is nothing but positive feedback from other people taking this medication. It's new to me and when I see people say such good things about a medication, I get excited too.

I am still drinking to make up for the depression. drinking with this medication at 200mg's is easy going, no pressure on my head. But I think that will show up more frequently once I start taking M with it.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thread Information