Thread: Nightmares and the time of the month

Nightmares and the time of the month

Apart from all the Anxiety we have to deal with does anybody get nightmares around the time of thier cycle or during it? I just wondered because i've noticed it happening to me at 2the time of the month". the thing is they really distress me because they are about loved ones passing on and i wake up with tears under my eyes.
    Consequently i'm pre occupied with mortality today ( need diverting again eh) But when dreams are as distressing as this and when it concerns a young member of the immediate family its just horrendous.
    PS i'm on no medication so its not that thats doing it . Suz x

I think most people would say they experienced heightened anxiety/depression around the time of their period (I know I do), so I can't imagine the nightmares are that uncommon either- I can't personally comment though as I frequently have nightmares.

I do find that relaxation CDs and a little chocolate helps around that time of the month though. Just don't expect too much of yourself then really, and you might find the nightmares subside a little.

Hannah

Thankyou for your reply and support hannah much appreciated Suz x

hi ya honey

I get terrible nightmares but I also get some good dreams as well, Like the other night I dreamt I was standing outside the taj mahal and there was a volcano and I had to run from it and the elephants standing outside were blowing up.

Freaky or what !

then last night I dreamt I was having a fling with the guy from the bill ( Smithy) hes scrummy!

Its amazing how one minute your dream are scary the next they are pure bloody brilliant.

I also dream of family death and I too wake with tears in my eyes, but those thoughts and dream are your subconscious mind coming forward and revealing your inner fears. They are just dreams!

PMT is the worst time because your body is in a heightened state and hormonally your body is going through transitions which we cannot control.

Again this can cause dreams of things which we would never think about during our waking moments.

Dont fear them address them and try and understand that they are not real

Take care and I am always on MSn if you need a chat suz you have my address

Sue with 5

scknight

Thread Information