Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terrifying Depersonalization/Derealization

Terrifying Depersonalization/Derealization

I've been doing fairly well in my road to recovery over the last few weeks. On Wednesday I had a slight glimpse which I was really happy about and went to bed that night feeling really positive. Woke up the next morning suffering with really bad derealization and it has been with me ever since. It's terryfing in fact, it's like I have no sense of where I am (although I obviously do). It's got to the stage this morning where im to scared to be alone incase I lose my mind. My head feels like cotton wool and seems as if it's hollow. I've reasearched this condition on the internet and they say to try and just ignore it but i find that more or less impossible. The thing is it's been permanent now for the last few days where as before it was happening in patches. Has anyone ever managed to overcome this without medication.

Anxiety

I overcame it without medication but there was no miracle cure. It was just a case of ignoring it and getting on with other things in life that distracted from it.

Exercise really worked for me as it gave me something to focus on.

I am afraid the more you think about it the worse it gets - a vicious circle.

Nicola

Hi Hun,

Try going for a walk when you feel really bad, just to get out of the house and take your mind off of it.

It really is all to do with positive thinking and distraction, just keep thinking back to how you felt wednesday, and focus on those feelings.

Take care
    Love
    Tracey XXX

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

hey,

i had really bad derilization to the point where i thought that it would never go away. how i got rid of it, is when i got to the piont where i just dident care anymore, i dident care if i lived the rest of my life like that. but the weird thing was, is when i dident care anymore it compleaty went away and i only get small spurts of it now. and im am not on meds. so you just got to stop resisting and give in to it and it will go away. atleast thats how it worked for me.

hope you get better.

Brad.

Maybe just try and accept it rather than resisit it?!

Sarah

If you've had a glimpse of it now, this is one of the signs of sure progress.

It does happen in recovery that you flip in and out of it

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hello you!

Its going to be ok ! you have been through this before and you came out of it and you can do it again.

This is all part of the detoxification process when coming off the medication. You will beat this as you have before and you will suceed through your own determination.

Remember how far you have come and keep focused ok

Take care

Sue with 5

scknight

It is very scary and I can really sympathise.

I thought that I was really going to go totally crazy and nothing felt ral but I didn't and I am still here. I am having good days and bad but not stopping to be scared. I just keep ploughing through, not fighting it and trying to accept it. It's not easy but it does get better and it doesn't last forever. The brief glimpses of normality show you that you can experiecne life without it.

Annie x

Annie

Wow - you're doing better !

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

I understand how terrifying this all is, at least I have done for the past two months. At first I did not know what it was but found myself putting it into words without being aware I knew.

The only time I get relief is either when sleeping, I sleep 10-12 hours at night and again 1-2 hours in the afternoon, thank heavens I can sleep so well. The only reason I do sleep is exhaustion from the stuff going on. However at a daycentre I attend I have found if I really, really concentrate on doing something, last week I was sewing something basic, then whilst it is still going on i have managed to blank it out.

I have been offered no medication, yet! Floozie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information