Thread: Has anyone taken Cerazette before ??

Has anyone taken Cerazette before ??

Hi Everyone.

I got given Cerazette today, just was wondering if anyone on here is taking it and did you have any side effects??? Or haven't you can still reply if you didn't too. I was just wondering that is all.

Many Thanks. xx

Re: Has anyone taken Cerazette before ??

I have never had it hun, but here iv copied and pasted this for

Cerazette tablets are a type of hormonal contraceptive commonly known as the 'mini pill' or progestogen-only pill (POP). They contain the active ingredient desogestrel, which is a synthetic progestogen, similar to the natural progestogens produced by the body.
    Desogestrel works as a contraceptive primarily by preventing the release of an egg from the ovary (ovulation). It also acts by increasing the thickness of the natural mucus at the neck of the womb, making it more difficult for sperm to cross from the vagina into the womb. By preventing sperm entering the womb, successful fertilisation of any eggs that are released is less likely.

U should be fine on them sweet x

I was on cerazette, no side effects for me, for me personally it was the best one i had been put on.

di xx

Hi Everyone.

Im not too sure on this actually. My Dr gave me these and said oh you should just experience a bit of spotting and that. Yeah, right. :( :( :( . Went on my holidays, and guess what, started experiencing cramping and things a little bit of spotting to begin with then, it just went mad, totally horrible, really bad, tummy and back pain and pain which goes down my thighs, had to go to the loo every hour or so. It was bad and had clots sorry TMI. Just made me feel totally sick. This sort of went on for 8 or 9 days or so. Plus normally when im not bad I get bad colds, cough and sinus problems which I have. I suppose apart from that I had a ok holiday I guess. Could do with another one when im not ill. or what not.

I've been given this after trying many and not having any luck. This one has worked the best for me.
    Initially I did have a hard time, I was bleeding a lot, and got quite anemic. However after a few months this disappeared and ever since it has helped my cramps, and regulate it.

Quote Originally Posted by mumble View Post
    I've been given this after trying many and not having any luck. This one has worked the best for me.
    Initially I did have a hard time, I was bleeding a lot, and got quite anemic. However after a few months this disappeared and ever since it has helped my cramps, and regulate it.
    Did it really, I think im just annoyed cos it ruined my holiday :( .

Quote Originally Posted by SHYGIRLAJB View Post
    Did it really, I think im just annoyed cos it ruined my holiday :( .
    Aw sorry to hear. I was getting quite impatient and distressed with it. I had a period pretty much for a whole month at one stage, but stuck with it because it was the only pill that didn't make me feel crappy nor dull my appetite - which all the others seemed to. Now it's one of the best things I've chosen to do.

Hi,
    Iv been on cerazette for 5 years and been completely fine.... some people dont get any periods with it but i always have, just normal ones.. not heavy at all. Theres been some times where iv had 5-6 weeks without a period but then that sorts itself out n goes back to normal again... think the most annoying part is the irregular periods because unlike other pills where u have a break from them so u can have your period.. these you take everyday so you never quite know when you'll come on... but iv been fine! I HATE taking tablets cos of a huge vomit phobia... but these have been fine xx

Thread Information