Hello I am Hallam11,

I may have spoken to some of you on other posts and threads. For the past 8 weeks I have taken mirtazapine and it hasn't worked. My depression and ocd are still constant and still remain hugely present. Anyway I went to the doctors today to speak about the mirtazapine, I had been seeing a female doctor but found her very abrupt and unsympathetic, I had to ask for counselling as she was just happy to throw any tablet at me and get me out of the room. I had told her that I had taken citalopram the previous year and got on well with it but I had come off of it too early without really sorting out my problems. Anyway she was still very adamant that mirtazapine was the right anti-depressant. Anyway the doctor I saw today was very confused as to why my former doctor would have put me onto mirtazapine and not tried citalopram again as it had worked previously. Anyway we spoke about it all and came to the agreement that mirtazapine was the wrong tablet and we should go back to citalopram. He thinks as its a SSRI it would work best. Anyway to cut a long story short I have been told to wean myself off the mirtazapine over the course of a month and then to start on citalopram.

As it was about a year ago I was on the citalopram I have forgotten what to expect.Please don't worry I do not have health anxiety or worries over side effects so please be truthful, can't be that bad I went through it before!

Thanks xxx