Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Wean my way off mirtazpine and onto citalopram!

Re: Wean my way off mirtazpine and onto citalopram!

Hi buckley and to NMP.
    Sorry to hear the mirtazapine is causing you some problems. I was on it in the summer for 9 weeks and came off as it wasn't really doing much of anything for me. However having experienced another bad bout of anxiety my GP has prescribed a combination of mirt and citalopram. I have started the mirt first (been on them 4 days) with a view to adding in the citalopram.
    There are a number of people on the forum who do well on this combination - you'll find some helpful posts under the Mirtazapine threads regarding this.

I'm not saying you should combine the two, only you and your GP can decide that - I'm just sharing what has worked for others on here.

Take care

Belle x

Re: Wean my way off mirtazpine and onto citalopram!

Please can anyone help me on here, I'm in such a bad state even typing this is difficult, i'am currently taking 30mg of mirtzapine was previously on 45mg I'd started on this medication last dec after previously being on citalopram for 20mg for 4 years but a bad episode and the dr switched me, I have really struggled with mirtazapine suffering nausea, and restless legs so it was agreed with my psychiatrist to go back on the citalopram, the problem is I'm feeling worse than ever, tapering down and adding the citalopram, first week 45mg mirt, 10mg citalopram, this last 4 days now 30 mg mirt and 15mg cital, today tho has been unbearable, heightened anxiety terrible agitation, nausea and in general horrendous, I have taken a diazepram which concerns me as I'm having to take more of this, but it does take some of the edge off, my worry is being like this for days maybe weeks, as the end of this week I'm to try 15mg mirt and 20mg cit for a week then stop the mirt and stay on the citalopram, I'm so worried I can't do this, the sickness is so bad I'm barley eating, and then my tummy is worse? please please help me anyone I'm desperate and very scared:(

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information