Thread: Really really freaking out!!!!

Really really freaking out!!!!

Hi guys
    in on day 2 of citalopram and up till now i've felt ok but now I'm freaking out!!! I feel weird! Weird sensations, my hearing and sight are going strange, pressure on my chest - please tell me it's in my head and not something awful from the pills......

Re: Really really freaking out!!!!

You probaly will get some side effects in the first couple of weeks, but they do pass. You are aware you are taking them and will be over sensitive. It will pass xx

Well sounds like anxiety to me. Maybea little side effects, but nothing to worry about.

You are suffering from heightened anxiety, due to the medication. I had the exact same thing after starting citalopram. DONT give up, it will go away within 2 weeks, just keep telling yourself its just the meds, and after 2 weeks it shoiuld completely settle down. Sometimes takes longer but for me it was 2 weeks, i still get the odd side effect now, but citalopram have been my saviour. x

It'll be side effects from the meds. I only took them for 2 days, couldn't take the side effects. I had a very weird feeling like I was going to faint, it woke me in the night, I had burning sensations going through my limbs. I actually felt like I was going to die tbh. It was extrememly scarey. That's a few of the rare side effects though that most people wont get. I didn't take any more pills. That was years & years ago. Haven't ever tried anything like that since & wouldn't.
    My brother on th other hand has been on these years & apart from a few side effects for the first 2 weeks, he gets on fine with them. If you can stick with it, it'll come good.

Thread Information