Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Itchy raised flat bumps on random areas... anxiety??

Itchy raised flat bumps on random areas... anxiety??

Hi i've been experiencing this for 2 weeks now, i've been getting really itchy on my arms, neck, tummy, legs, just randomly wherever. and when i scratch(even very lightly) it turns into flat raised bumps that are NOT red. they stay there for a few hours and disappear. and then it starts again randomly, different body parts. i have never read this to be a part of anxiety?
    can someone pls help me, i'm losing my mind. the only information i can find about this is some forum with people who have hodgkin's lymphoma(cancer) saying it's a symptom and i'm petrified and failing to function normally due to worry and fears. i doubt it can be mites cause the bumps are my skin colour and not red and there are no prick marks visible and i had it for 2 weeks even though one week was spent at home and the next week spent overseas. i couldnt pick it up from overseas as it started when i was still home. it's a new symptom for 2 weeks. PLS HELP ME.
    "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
    - - -
    If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you'll die a lot of times. ~Dean Smith
    - - -
    Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

Re: Itchy raised flat bumps on random areas... anxiety??

Hiya,

It sounds like hives to me, and they are defo caused by anx...

Yes I get hives with my anxiety, very annoying but completely harmless take some piriton, that's what I do, clears it straight up xx

Do yourself a favour and don't search for medical information on line. Even if you're doing it to 'reassure' yourself, it never works out that way.

Hodgkin's Lymphoma is a particular favourite of mine. Until recently, I could have sworn I had it (itching as you did, and a tonne of other 'symptoms') There are some problems with this; firstly, hodgkin's has some fairly vague sounding symptoms if you're not a doctor. Itching? We all do that everyday. When it becomes a medically valid hodgkins symptom, it's the type of itching that causes you to scratch almost until you bleed. Even then, it's not classified as one of the 'B' symptoms, because they're not entirely sure what or why the itching happens or if there's even a credible link.
    Secondly, being that we're not doctors, there is no way for us to evaluate and diagnose the itch. If you're truly worried, go to a doctor. Failing that, go to a pharmacy. They see skin rashes everyday. Don't attempt to do further research on the internet.

Finally, itching can be caused by absolutely anything, including stress and the change of weather/seasons. What you need to do now is break the itch/scratch cycle. The more you think about itching, the more you'll scratch, and the cycle will continue. Visit a pharmacy, pick up a cream that they recommend, and distract yourself with a film/cooking/a walk. Go for coffee with friends. It's a Sunday - find some way to enjoy your day which doesn't revolve around the need to check your body.

thanks for all your replies.

i've never had hives before, is it possible for hives to NOT be red and patchy? its flat raised bumps that have no colour besides my own skin colour.
    "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
    - - -
    If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you'll die a lot of times. ~Dean Smith
    - - -
    Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

You don't say how big the bumps are, and the fact that you say bumps rather than lumps sounds like they could be quite small? If so, it could be just your skin reacting to the scratching. If they appear like the 'goosebumps' we all get when we're cold (blow onyour skin and you'll see them appear) then this is more than likely what they'll be. If you focus on itches you find them all over your body. How many of us having read this has been scratching? Me included

lol! Yes reading this has made me itch too! I have had the same as you and the more you think about it the more you itch, I really wouldn't worry as I am sure it it bought on by anxiety, another of the thousand things that anxiety brings on!! Try not to itch and break the cycle! Easier said than done I know!!

ive got these at mo, exactly as u describe, i dont know wot they r but they dont itch all the time, mainly in the evening, im guna go c doctor coz ive never had nefing like it b4.

they are not like goosebumps, they are about 0.5 cm or 1/4 inch in diameter approx but come and go. a doctor told me it's hives eventhough i did not have any at the time so he did not get a chance to see one. but he said hives evetho i said it's not red. it's something i've never got before so i worry.
    - - -
    - - -

hello I get itchy now and then and get clear bumps on hands if i scratch I think mins stress and anxiety related But if you go on google search and put it on google images I searched for hives and it shows you pictures some are red and some are large and clear hope this might help work out what they may be

gareth

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information