Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Itchy raised flat bumps on random areas... anxiety??

Re: Itchy raised flat bumps on random areas... anxiety??

ive had hives and thats not what they look like atall. im seeing doctor for mine today or tomorrow hopefully so will let u know wot he says

thanks for all the replies. the pictures i've seen of hives are always red and patchy. i've not seen them clear(skin colour) and in individual bumps but maybe its different for different people but do let me know when you show your doc and what they think. if we both have the same thing, it might be anxiety or stress related.
    "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
    - - -
    If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you'll die a lot of times. ~Dean Smith
    - - -
    Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

Hi I was wondering it could be urticaria which is stress related and its where the skin comes up in bumps particularly when scratched some people can write there name on there skins and see the outline, and urticaria can look different in different people. Mine was very red and looked like a skin infection but it wasnt, but my husbands where exactly how you describe yours, in fact he had some come up the other date same colour as skin and raised.

thanks for that Jules. I found a picture that looks like what i have but mine's a little bit smaller(5mm) and rounder. i found this pic on the net and posting link for anyone else who wants to compare it to what they have.

http://missinglink.ucsf.edu/lm/Derma.../urticaria.jpg

Apparently urticaria can be caused by many physical illnesses as well.
    "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
    - - -
    If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you'll die a lot of times. ~Dean Smith
    - - -
    Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

My Husbands bumps were very small aswell. Both our doctors said that Urticaria is one of those unexplained mysteries they dont know why or how they happen, but its mostly anxiety related, I am suprised I am not one massive whelt. x

does it look like those in that picture but a 5mm version?
    - - -
    - - -

Hi,
    My daughter suffers from hives and each outbreak is different from the last! They can be large, small, raised, flat, red, pink or skin tone. They are a pain as we know most of her's are caused through allergies, as are most cases but sometimes they just flair up for no apparent reason. Our doctor says it can also be heat or stress and to find out the true culprit could take forever to find! We know for a fact she cant eat strawberries or take penicillan but how do we keep tabs on a 16 year olds eating habits?!!!
    Hives are never serious, just an itchy nightmare! Take care,

Yes that is exactly what Urticaria looks like and it can be any size i had large and small bumps, my husbands were all tiny, they can come in any shape or form. have you tried taking an antihistamine when you start itching?

yes i have taken an antihistamine once and i think it helped a bit, im a bit of a medication phobe so i don't take anything if i can help it, not even panadol. my bumps are better now than when it started a few weeks ago. i still get the odd ones here and there. i never had hives in my life and got them only a few weeks ago at 27. is there anything i can do to help myself as it's impossible to avoid stress and my anxiety ain't going anywhere.
    - - -
    - - -

Hi, my problems started with the itch you are all discribing. They started in 2005 and the best thing for the itching is Benydryl antihistamine. The itch and bumps are definately caused through nerves. I had my itch and bumps for two years they eventually went away after my divorce.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information