Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Itchy raised flat bumps on random areas... anxiety??

Re: Itchy raised flat bumps on random areas... anxiety??

Hi mom1982,
    I find just leaving my daughters hives alone is best. But we were told to put a cold flannel on the affected area, trouble is the affected area is always so big we wouldnt find a flannel big enough!!! Keeping cool helps, my daughter puts on the fan and sits in front of it, they do normally go with no other help. The worse bout she had was an allergy to penicillan ear drops, she was so bad we took her to the out of hours surgery at three in the morning...I have to add Im a terrible worry wart and she was sctratching herself to bits, my hubby was not impressed with being dragged out of bed only to be told by the doctor there was nothing he could do!!!
    Take care.

I think all you can do is maybe when you can feel it starting is to have a nice cool bath, lay down put some music on light some candles completely de-stress yourself, and the cool water will stop the itching and just try and take your mind off of the itching and the anxiety its causing . If you are out and about take some calamine lotion with you and some cotton wool and dab that on to stop the itching.

I read somewhere that HA sufferes are more concerned with what there symptoms mean that actually how much they are bothering us, i think thats really true because a lot of my symptoms are bothersome but dont really cause stress its my mind thats creating the stress rather than the bodily functions.

Saw doctor today and my itchy bumps (that, like urs, are NOT red) are apparently a very mild form of Psoriasis Rosea or a type of eczema which only appears in bumps in random parts of the body (mine is my torso). Plus my anxiety levels were so high that its been making them itch tonnes more than what it should, but now i have a diagnosis im not anxious about them, and funnily enough they are hardly itching now atall!! i spoke to the doctor who said that anxiety can cause itchy skin without a doubt, but when theres actual bumps or anything, then its not anxiety, its either allergy or infection. So im pleased i know what they are now See ur doctor as this isnt anxiety, its prob an allergy or something like what ive got coz they sound verrrrry similar xx good luck xx PS. doctor said it clears in about 6-8 weeks at the very most..

They sound anxiety related to me. I have had them a number of times.

Take an anti-histamine and use cream such as "Anthisan". Also, putting damp flannels on the area can help stop the itching.

Still, if you keep getting them it will be worth you seeing your doctor to rule any allergies out x
    Last edited by Spagetti; 12-05-10 at 01:41.

Thats really interesting crazyhayz, I always thought conditions like psoriasis and eczema showed up as red patches rather than skin coloured..we learn something new every day!

No mine arent red, thery are skin coloured and dry, they only go red if i itch them constantly which is obvious really lol. Mine are a type of eczema, not all eczemas are red, my friend has it bad on her arms and its not red atall, just really dry.

thanks everyone i'm starting to accept that these itchy bumps are caused by stress/anx. it's scary cause it's a new symptom, never ever had it but i guess new symptoms pop up all the time. i still get this itchy bumps but they are not as severe as a few weeks back and actually improved a great deal. my life is still just as stressful and i'm anx everyday
    "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
    - - -
    If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you'll die a lot of times. ~Dean Smith
    - - -
    Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

It could be urticaria (hives) which is a allergy based thing. It starts off in small itchy bumps or lumps and then it spreads to get bigger, leaving the middle flat as it spreads outwards. I had it from amoxacillin for tonsilitus 7 years ago and when i get hot, it comes back. It may well be down to anxiety, but i don't know. Piriton or i take certirizine and it's then gone.

i've had an allergic reaction from amoxicillin about 15 yrs ago and i had tiny red dots all over my foot. it's a pain to be allergic to one of the best antibiotics around i took polaramine(antihistamine) but it didnt help but mine isnt severe anymore. it has improved heaps in 2 weeks & i get the random 2 or 3 a day that disappear in a few hours if i leave it alone.
    "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
    - - -
    If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you'll die a lot of times. ~Dean Smith
    - - -
    Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

it's funny how an allergic reaction can still cause this urticaria thing several years on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information