View Poll Results: Do you worry about MS?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I worry that I have MS

25 64.10%
  • I used to worry about MS, but not any more

3 7.69%
  • I worry about a different neurological illness

6 15.38%
  • I've never worried about MS

7 17.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you have a fear of MS?

How many of you have a fear of MS?

There seem to be more and more people worrying about MS, which I know is a rare disease but that doesn't seem to be reassurance enough. How many of us share this fear?

Re: How many of you have a fear of MS?

I definitely do.....I guess anxiety symptoms tend to mimic MS symptoms.....

count me in, every little symptom i think the doctor is going to send me for a brain scan and it will get confirmed, i definatley now have a fear of going to the doctor where as before i was there every other week :-(

my daughter is 26 single mum 2 children works .. is great women dosent suffer with anxiety or any dep or panic and yet she has just been told she hAS MS ,,,STILL SHE IS STRONG ,,she finds it hard to peel potatoes ,they found it in blood tests

Oh gypsywomen that is so sad.
    My heart goes out to your daughter and your family.
    20 years ago I worked in a nursing home that cared for people with many illnesses.
    We had people with M.S and I realised that with certain medication it could be kept under control to a certain degree. Im sure 20 years on they must have made progress and that hopefully will benefit your daughter.
    When my daughter was 4 the doctors at the hospital sent me for tests for motor neurone disease. It scared me to death.
    It turned out to be trapped nerves in my neck that were caused by a car accident.
    Im so glad your daughter is remaining strong. She must be one hell of a brave person.

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

thank you lyne it is a worry for me ,i do hope meds help but she also has blood disorder where it eats at her bones and slowly everything ,, docter stumped its awful she laughed today and asked if i would take for walks when she is in weelchair soso brave love her so much

Think ur daughter is truly amazing and i hope she keeps her positive attitude to life and she gets all the help and support she needs from all the different organisations she bloody well deserves it

oh bless your daughter gypsywoman, she sounds like such a strong person. Did she have to have a specific blood test for MS or is it just found in the normal bloods that we have taken i.e liver,kidney, etc

I get these thoughts quite often & have asked my GP but they said they thought it was highly unlikely so I'm holding onto that & thinking it is just my stupid brain !!

xx

I had a fear of MS I was recently told I have it but then when i saw a neurologist he says he doesn't know so I could or could not have it. Funny thing about it is I worried more about possibly having than I do now that it is a very real possibility. The important thing to remember is it affects people differently and it is not some sort of death sentence or a guarantee that you will become disabled. Luckily there is nothing wrong with me and my life is completely normal. They are making huge strides in treatments (CCSVI is the biggest one). I hope is someone reads this and it helps to ease some worry xoxox

ICYSMOOOTH - havent they sent you for an MRI to check to rule out MS?

GYPSY WOMAN - your daughter sounds so brave, speshly having two kids, wish i could be as strong as her, my ONE QUESTION IS THOUGH: You say they found the MS in blood tests?? Ive heard it can only be spotted in MRI's?? Did she have any symptoms of it then?? Im just wondering as ive had basically every blood test under the sun and all is clear, so do i have to ask for a specific blood test for MS????? yOUR HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information