Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emetophobia

Re: Emetophobia

Hi. I'm new here too and I have emetophobia. I'm also still in school, I'm 15. I totally understand what you mean about how scary it is in school. My emetophobia has gotten worse this school year. Luckily I haven't had any incidents where someone around me has been sick.

I know how that feels hun, I was emetophobic at school when I was 11 or 12, there were a couple of traumatic events in my life at the time such as my grandad dying, and me being sick in a foreign country and not being able to fiind any of my family anywhere.

I did endure some teasing about it, even things like some of the other boys(t'was an all boys school) making retching noises in the middle of class, to be honest I can't really remember why it stopped, I sort of stopped being emetophobic when i was 13 or 14 but it came back again at 19.

I'm not sure how helpful my relating this to you is but you are not alone love.

It does make me feel better to know that I am not the only one who has gone through emetophobia at school. Its hard because most teachers don't understand. Like my teacher knew about it, and purposely made me go check on someone who was getting sick in the bathroom, and she also made me take that person to the nurses office as well. It was humiliating to be panicking while the whole class was watching. I don't know how teachers can do that legally, but she did

I have Emetophobia. I found that sickening feeling when I do not mean I'm throwing to. Try to calm yourself. Slow, take deep breaths. All the muscles in your body to try to relax. Hopefully the nausea will pass and you feel a little better. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information