Thread: bruises..

bruises..

how long should they last? iv had a smallish dark purple/black one for like nearly a week i think:( worried its a sign of something.. its not really changing..

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: bruises..

Some bruises can take ages to go Alexy, but if it doesn't start to fade in a few more days then I'd go see your GP just to get it checked.

Sure it's nothing serious so don't worry.

Never Surrender, Comrade

thanks for your reply, yeah, its just not changing at all =/

The darker the bruise the longer itll take to fade. If its black and purple then it will take a fair while to fade to brown, then yellow and gone.

I always have bruises and they take ages to go away. I think it just depends on how quickly your body heals and how deep the bruise is. I have like 3 on my legs that have been there for a week now. No idea where they come from. I'm just super clumsy I think

I had blood taken during my first panic attack and the resulting black bruise took nearly 3 weeks to disappear... Don't worry

Hey,

I bruise like a peach and Ive had a bruise that has taken a good 2-3 weeks to disappear. Dont worry, sometimes some just take a while to go away.

xxx
    xx

I was stressing about a bruise the other day. Silly that I am worrying about things such as a bruise these days :(
    Anyhow I found my when I went to the toilet it was strange in the top part of my thigh and was like a 50cent piece, so purple etc I was really worried cause I couldn't remember hitting myself and when I pushed on it it actually didn't hurt. Anyhow kept checking on it as you do with HA and after a week and half it has now started to fade ...

It was JUST a bruise ... our minds go crazy sometimes hey.

So my advice on the long winded story is, give it a week or two and if nothing settles go see your doc

My toddler bruises really easily and always seems to be covered in them. because my father died of luakemia i have been very anxious for us both and i took him to my gp who said they was nothing to worry about and it depends on the cause of the bruise and how bad it was, a slight knock will always heel quicker then a bad bruise and they say they can take up to 3-4 weeks to go - he told me if they seem to not go with in 3weeks then to go back, they always go and then a new one comes somwehere else.. if you really worried see your gp for your piece of mind x

Thread Information