Thread: side effects from taking 20mg cipralex too long?

side effects from taking 20mg cipralex too long?

Hi all

I am new to this so hope this reads ok. I have been on cipralex on and off since having glandular fever 8 years ago. I have always been an anxious/worrying person however to cut a long story short i came off cipralex last april very very slowly, felt great, however had a health relapse and was put straight back on 10 mg, this went up to 20 mg dec 2009 by the end of dec i caught swine flu and just after that i started getting bizarre mind races, i thought i was going mad! the dr wanted to up my dose to 40mg and put me on valium, as i didn't feel this was right i just wrote the symtoms off as side effects from the swine flu as did the doc. About a month ago things came to a head while flying... as this panics me and i went into a manic depressive state, i couldn't see a way out, had phases of dread, was looking for a way out etc by this time i had been on cipralex 20mg for 6 months and the docs decided i had too much of it in my system!! the past month my dose has gone down from 20mg day to 10mg and 5mg on alternate days. I have horrendous side effects from the reduction including full blown panic attacks, passing out, dreams, mind racing, worrying i was going mad etc however the depression seems to have lifted, has anyone else experienced the too much cipralex in their system?

I am feeling good today and have slowly very slowly been feeling better apart from reality checks throughout the day suddenly thinking oh yeah i'm here talking to this person etc, hence the finally having the energies to join NMP

Re: side effects from taking 20mg cipralex too long?

woke up in night with night terrors, went back to sleep woke up this morning with a panic attack where i go dizzy is this normal? feel weak and heavy again now

ive bot had that one verytime i start antidepressants i have bad side effects just goto see it through i suppose its all just phases

Thread Information